“unwelcoming”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Delaware Water Gap
Shepard House Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I cannot recommend this place unless you simply need a clean place to hang your hat for a night, and if you don't mind a lack of hospitality and depressing decor. Our experience was summed up like this: we didn't sleep well on the night we stayed there due to the constant comings and goings of the people in the room right next to us. We'd been told breakfast was at 9--not from 9-10, or from 10-11---but at 9. Because we were so tired, we weren't sure about going down to breakfast--we wanted to sleep in. But at 9:12 am someone banged on our door and a deep, loud male voice said: "are you coming down to breakfast or not?"
When I said-no, I don't think so--he repeated: So you're not coming down to breakfast? in a voice that nearly scared me into coming down. Instead of going to breakfast, we pulled on our clothes and left as soon as we could. The innkeepers were so unfriendly they actually scared me.

But the inn is for sale, so I guess they aren't planning to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ernesto1073
Reviewed 4 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights to do hiking and explore Delaware Water Gap. The location was good and the room was comfortable and clean. The veranda was nice.

Breakfast was ok but not great. ie. fruit cup from a can was served as the fruit one morning and blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins were two courses on the same day. Rooms were not cleaned and beds were not made during the 3 days we were there.

The b and b owners- who bought the place in 2007 - were neither warm nor welcoming. We felt like we were imposing on them and felt uncomfortable around them. We even skipped breakfast our last morning to avoid them. They were not very helpful about where to go or what to do in the area. There was no kindness or friendliness in their approach to us or other guests.

I would only recommend it if you need a place to stay, not if you are looking for a lovely b and b experience.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PhiladelphiaHikerGal
Reviewed 9 October 2008

The Shepard House B & B was very nice. The food was good. They did not have any heat in our bedroom and the temps outside were down to around 40. For the price we paid, $135 a night, you would think you would have some heat!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank rainbowsun

Been to Shepard House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!