“Great wedding venue”

Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Virginia
“Great wedding venue”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We recently attended a wedding here.It was very good. The food was delicious. We had a buffet and it is the first time I experienced such a well run buffet.The wait staff was constantly filling dishes., everything was hot that needed to be and the taste of all food was excellent. I heard many positive compliments through the day. The table settings were done very well, kudos to the girl who folded the napkins, very nice job. It was a lovely venue for a wedding and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank VirginiaPatriot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
B52stratofort
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Beautiful scenery, very nice accomidations. The owners are great people who try to help as much as possible. We have stayed there many times, the new menu is incredible! Crabcakes are the best I've had.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to get out of the city for the weekend. We found this place on priceline and enjoyed our stay very much.

The location and the grounds are lovely. There is a nice outdoor bar and pool. The front desk and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was quaint and clean... the bed was not the most comfortable but otherwise no complaints.

Also, the breakfast was delicious! There were lots of options (including made to order omelets) and we ate on the patio overlooking the golf course.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BonniePHL
New City, New York
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Stayed here for a buddies golf trip to the Water Gap area. It's a hotel that served it's purpose for our trip, but that's about it. We were a group of 12 that went for a short golf trip the weekend after Labor Day. When we arrived on Friday, we noticed that the hotel was a little run down. We checked into the rooms and were not overwhelmed, but not disappointed either. After our afternoon round we came back to the hotel and it was rocking. Live music and quite the crowd in the outdoor patio area. We were pretty psyched. Hanging at the hotel bar we asked if they were open all weekend and were told they were. When we got back Saturday from golfing, we were surprised to find out that the bar was closing at 7p. Needless to say we were not happy. The food in the buffet for breakfast and dinner were below par. The steak I ate from the main dining room was OK. Overall, if I was planning on going back to the area I would try to find a different place to stay at.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
New Jersey
Reviewed 28 July 2010

After a long day hiking, we were lucky enough to get the last room available in this charming country inn. We were not expecting much, but the room was lovely and the people were friendly. The pool was the uncrowded most of the time and there was entertainment the one night we stayed. We were on the third floor and there was no elevator which was fine for us. The food at the restaurant was quite good and breakfast was included. The views from the pool and restaurant were beautiful. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank danceur
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I would just like to warn anyone thinking of having an event in this place. The service is absolutly horrible and the mangement is even worse. No one greeted my guests as they arrived and directed them to go. Waitstaff uniforms were flitly and impossible to get a cup of coffee and I was the one paying the bill for the event...I had to ask 3 times for coffee. Also the favors I provided for my guests were hanging out of their back pockets and worse of all we were contracted till 5:00 but at 4:00 the waitstaff cleared everything in the dining room and then started removing linens while some of my guest were still there. I was absolutley mortified. Their are so many other things that happened that I just don't have time to get into but when I addressed this to management I finally got a response with him basically saying that this never happens and if it did he is sorry....real professional. I also sent a complaint to the owner and heard nothing back from him. There is a huge lack of professionalism and the place is actually very ran down and could definaltly use renovations....I would never even think of staying in this place very creepy.

• Stayed April 2010
6 Thank maggie53776
boston
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I stayed over during the memorial holiday, and I wasn't totally happy with my stay. There was a huge wedding celebration, so it was noisy. There are no elevators, so I had to lug up my heavy bags up the third floor. The room's door had a lot of scratches, so it looked like it can use a paint job. The room wasn't really furnished nicedly. It was quite barren, just a bed, tv, lamp, lamp table and chair, no phones. The main lobby was dark and dingy looking. It really needed a face lift. When I walked in, I expected a lovely lobby that is on par with the lovely grounds of the "country club" setting. Wow, was I surprised. In fact, much of the place had this dusty look about it. Breakfast was buffet style. The cook was very nice, but the waitress looked like she was very bored and wanted to be somewhere else. The front desk was nice and accommodating, and the golf grounds were very lovely. The building needed paint and work.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank maiboston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware Water Gap
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos

Been to Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club? Share your experiences!