“Gorgeous wedding venue”

Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I was here only for a wedding but the staff was amazing! I always saw people carrying around food and the buffet dinner was delicious!! There is a beautiful outdoor area for a ceremony as well. It's very quaint and antique looking but has endless amounts of charm.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Rebecca K

Reviewed 27 September 2011

We recently attended a wedding here.It was very good. The food was delicious. We had a buffet and it is the first time I experienced such a well run buffet.The wait staff was constantly filling dishes., everything was hot that needed to be and the taste of all food was excellent. I heard many positive compliments through the day. The table settings were done very well, kudos to the girl who folded the napkins, very nice job. It was a lovely venue for a wedding and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank VirginiaPatriot
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Beautiful scenery, very nice accomidations. The owners are great people who try to help as much as possible. We have stayed there many times, the new menu is incredible! Crabcakes are the best I've had.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to get out of the city for the weekend. We found this place on priceline and enjoyed our stay very much.

The location and the grounds are lovely. There is a nice outdoor bar and pool. The front desk and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was quaint and clean... the bed was not the most comfortable but otherwise no complaints.

Also, the breakfast was delicious! There were lots of options (including made to order omelets) and we ate on the patio overlooking the golf course.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BonniePHL
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Stayed here for a buddies golf trip to the Water Gap area. It's a hotel that served it's purpose for our trip, but that's about it. We were a group of 12 that went for a short golf trip the weekend after Labor Day. When we arrived on Friday, we noticed that the hotel was a little run down. We checked into the rooms and were not overwhelmed, but not disappointed either. After our afternoon round we came back to the hotel and it was rocking. Live music and quite the crowd in the outdoor patio area. We were pretty psyched. Hanging at the hotel bar we asked if they were open all weekend and were told they were. When we got back Saturday from golfing, we were surprised to find out that the bar was closing at 7p. Needless to say we were not happy. The food in the buffet for breakfast and dinner were below par. The steak I ate from the main dining room was OK. Overall, if I was planning on going back to the area I would try to find a different place to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2010

After a long day hiking, we were lucky enough to get the last room available in this charming country inn. We were not expecting much, but the room was lovely and the people were friendly. The pool was the uncrowded most of the time and there was entertainment the one night we stayed. We were on the third floor and there was no elevator which was fine for us. The food at the restaurant was quite good and breakfast was included. The views from the pool and restaurant were beautiful. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank danceur
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I would just like to warn anyone thinking of having an event in this place. The service is absolutly horrible and the mangement is even worse. No one greeted my guests as they arrived and directed them to go. Waitstaff uniforms were flitly and impossible to get a cup of coffee and I was the one paying the bill for the event...I had to ask 3 times for coffee. Also the favors I provided for my guests were hanging out of their back pockets and worse of all we were contracted till 5:00 but at 4:00 the waitstaff cleared everything in the dining room and then started removing linens while some of my guest were still there. I was absolutley mortified. Their are so many other things that happened that I just don't have time to get into but when I addressed this to management I finally got a response with him basically saying that this never happens and if it did he is sorry....real professional. I also sent a complaint to the owner and heard nothing back from him. There is a huge lack of professionalism and the place is actually very ran down and could definaltly use renovations....I would never even think of staying in this place very creepy.

• Stayed: April 2010
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center

Been to Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club? Share your experiences!