“Basic accomdations, friendly staff, unusable internet”

Holiday Inn Express Murrysville/Delmont
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Delmont
Atlanta
“Basic accomdations, friendly staff, unusable internet”
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I stay at this hotel frequently for business. There is good and bad.

The good: generally clean rooms (each with a refrigerator), friendly staff. Nice beds.

The bad: the pillows suck, smoking rooms on the 3rd floor tend to smell up other nonsmoking rooms and the internet is unusable. Seriously unusable -- less than dialup speeds. This problem has persisted for many months and in spite of numerous complaints to the management it remains.

Reasonable Internet connectivity is a must for a business traveler, so until they manage to get this fixed I'll have to give them a thumbs down. Too bad, because otherwise it's an ok place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2010

This has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in .. My sister and I decided to take our daughters (12 & 10) to visit our extended family and my sister found this hotel online .. It is very clean, quiet, the beds were very comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful .. The breakfast was just a bonus and the price was definitely right for our needs .. You will not be disappointed if you stay here !!!!!! =)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Stopped for the night on a cross-country drive and the Holiday Inn Express Delmont was excellent. I'm very very VERY picky when it comes to hotels. I inspect every inch of a room before I settle in and will readily leave a hotel or switch rooms if it's not completely clean. That's why I tend to stay only at Holiday Inn or Marriott brand hotels, mostly because they've almost all converted to using duvets instead of disgusting comforters that are not always washed in between guests. I'm also a very light sleeper and VERY sensitive to cigarette smoke. We were placed near the lobby on the first floor. The lobby and our room was very clean and very quiet. Our room and the lobby were completely smoke-free, which is highly unusual for this part of the country. All the rooms had refrigerators and microwaves which was really nice since we had a cooler of food for our cross-country trip. My only gripe is that the internet didn't work, and since it was very late, I didn't want to spend the time to have them figure out what was wrong with it. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Silicagal
jamesstaci04
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Stayed here because the one in Texas same brand hotel was Way better than this one. Would not stay here again Overpriced, smelled like Smoke and was A big Let down.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank jamesstaci04
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 October 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Delmont for a wedding on Saturday, October 10th. The reception was at the Lamplighter, a restaurant and banquet facility right next to the hotel. It was the perfect location for all the guests of the wedding because it's just a short walk away from the restaurant.

Check-in was quick. We were given a room on the 3rd floor. It appears the rooms were recently renovated and everything was very clean. I especially liked the fridge and microwave and the large flat screen TV. The hotel also offers a free breakfast in the morning from 7-10.

This is a great hotel if you have an event or business in the area. Nearby there are fast food restaurants and an Eat n' Park.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Our stay at this hotel was for a funeral. The staff was very understanding, considerate and helpful to our whole family during our time of need. I accidentally left behind both my wedding ring and a family heirloom ring and did not realize it until on my trip home. Not only did the housekeeping staff promptly turn the rings into the front desk, the hotel overnighted the rings to me at their expense. They refused my offers to reimburse them their costs citing that our family had already been through enough. Outstanding customer service!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Samms42
San José
Reviewed 7 October 2009

All the staff is just wonderfull, very professional and nice people. They will gonna help you in everything that you may need.
The facilities are beautiful, very comfortable (i always slept like a baby) i just wish i could buy the blankets lol and dont even talk about the breakfast bar, its wonderfull great selection and everything is fresh.
Crossing the street is the Boulevar Sports Bar which has great food and drinks also there is Karmike Cinemas so you are able to watch a good movie.

I highly recommend this hotel and definetly i would like to back in the future!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank costarican_girl85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delmont
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 12 in Monroeville
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Murrysville/Delmont? Share your experiences!