“Visited for a family meal”
Review of Peach Bottom Inn

Peach Bottom Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Delta
Peach Bottom Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Delta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We didn't stay in the hotel hence I can't give it five stars, we only visited for a family meal so this is more a restaurant review. We were visiting from the UK and our Pennsylvania family took us out to their local for a meal. Firstly the venue was smart and clean and very popular with lots of people in the bar and restaurant. The food was superb. We had muscles, steamed crab, shrimp, corn, potatoes with warm breakfast roles. The food just kept coming! you could not fault it. All washed down with Yeung Ling beer. Fantastic! the owners came out to meet us as well. Lovely people with a lovely business. We had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Deersirhc

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I am writing on behalf of family that stayed here recently. It is the only "hotel" within miles of our house. They have stayed there before about two years ago without much issue.

This time though was a nightmare. First night my family got in late. The AC never cooled so they complained in the morning. They were given a new room, though now that they had more time in it, what was found was AWLFUL!

The rooms are NASTY. Brown stains were highly visable on the pillow. Linen old and worn out, comforter not cleaned in some time. Carpet, furniture, beds OLD. Bathrooms not clean. Stains, pubic hair on toliet seats when you flipped it up.

Party throughout the night (4am), and pretty sure prostitution. Staff was rude. Place has really changed. We have eaten there in the past, and food was great, but after the hotel issue, we skipped the food.

If you are visiting people in the area, stay at their house or travel the extra miles to Belcamp or Shrewsbury!!

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank twink8203
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I normally do not review restaurants but felt I needed to for this place. My wife and I have visited this establishment a few times over the years. I have never had any problems with the food or service which have always been excellent. My issue is the management. On our last visit we witnessed the manager verbally abusing her staff. I felt embarassed for the waitress and this upset my wife to the point she just wanted to pay the bill and leave. The poor waitress was in tears! Never in my 50 plus years of eating out have I ever witnessed such unprofessional behavior. The manager should be ashamed of herself and apparently needs to be taught the fundamentals of how to treat her employees. Maybe this is why we never see the same servers twice. We discussed this with friends who eat there as well and they also had nothing nice to say about the management. This was our final visit. If she feels is necessary to degrade her employees in front of customers then this is not the place for us!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank shmar229
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I've read a couple of negative reviews on here for the Peach Bottom Inn. I have no idea what kind of standard the negative reviewers expect from such low-cost accommodation, but I think it's good value for money.

The room isn't of the standard you would expect in a five star place but it was clean, with a good shower and the perfect place to stop after nearly 50 miles cycling. The food in the attached restaurant was surprisingly good, and again, good value. Most notable though was the friendly staff, particularly Rula, who was incredibly nice and friendly. When I explained that it was my boyfriend's birthday the following morning and needed to get him a card (not so easy to find when you're cycle touring) she produced a bag from her desk and let me pick one. That is service way above and beyond what I'd ever expect - thank you again for that Rula!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Silkakt
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I stayed at this property over the Christmas holidays. While we waited to be checked in no less than three individuals asked if they could help us. Each one worked in a differant department. This was great customer service. However this is where the good ended and the nightmare began. There have not been any updates to this hotel for at least twenty years. The beds fold up like accordians, the veneer on the front door is warped, there is practically no insulation and unless you have the heat on- you get a COLD draft coming in through the wall heater/ air conditioner unit.
The sheets were so threadbare that my finger went right through it as I turned down the bed down. The blanket had holes in it and the nylon binding at the top was unraveling. The carpet was worn and the furniture original to the construction. When we asked who we could complain to, the very pleasant desk clerk said that the hotel was run by a corporation. I find it very hard to believe that the Peach Bottom Power Plant actually puts people up in this facility. It is an embarassment to the industry and needs help. Beware, unless you are very desperate DO NOT STAY there. The restaurant off the lobby is very nice and the family style restaurant across the street also provides value for your money. The best thing about this property was the people that they had working for them.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travelor333
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Stopped by the bar to get some drinks. Red headed female “[--],” bar tender was acting like she was doing people a favor serving them a drink, then talked negatively about customers who weren’t there or who had just left.
After about 20 minutes of poor service I decided to complain to the management. I was directed to one of the sisters who owned the pace by a customer.
She was a small unkempt woman with dirty hair who was busy “giving orders” to a young waitress. She was such a mess and a nasty person we decided to forget it.
We figured that if she let herself get like that, how clean could the place be.
We left a day early, never to return.
I don’t recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank Sc0tt2010
Reviewed 16 July 2009

We were staying there with about 20 extended family members for a nearby 4th July early evening wedding. An hour before going to the church for the wedding my wife discovered she forgot the bag with ALL her dress/shoes/ etc. Instant panic! My daughter went to front desk to find possible locations of stores that may be open (holiday weekend 4th of July - not much - this is farm country folks). But the front desk and one of restaurant folks sprung into action (on their own accord), found out the approx size of my wife. One of the hotel ladies had a sister that was same size and lived nearby, she went to the house and grabbed three nice outfits and shoes, returned to the hotel - and Bingo the day was saved. They were just doing a good deed for people they did not even know who greatly appreciated it. Doesn't sound like the same front desk folks I read in earlier review. By the way, the food at the restaurant was very good and t Prime Rib was tender and huge. A nearby family diner (1 minute drive) owned by same family had a wide and very affordable breakfast selection.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank raiderWashington_DC

Been to Peach Bottom Inn? Share your experiences!