“A Working Persons Motel”
Review of Peach Bottom Inn

Peach Bottom Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Delta
Peach Bottom Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Delta B&B and Inns
College Station, Texas
“A Working Persons Motel”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I stayed for three nights on family business. We had a clean, comfortable bed but not enough covers, and enough space. It is the only motel in the area, so we had no choice of where to stay. The motel seems to cater to working people who will only spend a few nights, not couples or families on vacation. Here are the problems: The polyester pillows were well used and flat, the two bath towels were well used and very thin, we found roaches in the bathroom each morning, the sink area in the bath was too small to hold cosmetics, unpadded dirty industrial carpet on concrete floor, little landscaping, the seal around the door was not good, so we could clearly hear trucks on the road (fortunately there was little truck traffic at night), there was not enough light for working or reading, and there was no electrical outlet near the desk. There was a restaurant, but it was not open for breakfast. Locals like the food, but they warn that the motel's only strong point is that it exists, there is no other within about 20 miles.

Room Tip: They all seem to be the same.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrBob-cs

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Did not stay at inn ate at restaurant. Mouse running around the perimeter of the dining room spotted twice at lunch time. Soggy and cold sweet potato fries. Crab cake lacked flavor. Not interested in returning any time soon.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Susanne N
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We've eaten at the restaurant 5 or 6 times. Overpriced but fine. Then we allowed our parents to stay at the motel (big mistake) when we had a party. The motel was like a horror movie with brown stains on the sheets and pillow cases, filthy room, used condom under bed, bathroom so nasty they didn't shower, lots of noise--mainly trucks and apparent prostitution activity, and an A/C which didn't cool the room. It's hard to forgive the restaurant for the revolting motel attached to it. Don't go there. Don't even consider it. Revolting.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank lt666
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We didn't stay in the hotel hence I can't give it five stars, we only visited for a family meal so this is more a restaurant review. We were visiting from the UK and our Pennsylvania family took us out to their local for a meal. Firstly the venue was smart and clean and very popular with lots of people in the bar and restaurant. The food was superb. We had muscles, steamed crab, shrimp, corn, potatoes with warm breakfast roles. The food just kept coming! you could not fault it. All washed down with Yeung Ling beer. Fantastic! the owners came out to meet us as well. Lovely people with a lovely business. We had a great time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Deersirhc
Maryland
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I am writing on behalf of family that stayed here recently. It is the only "hotel" within miles of our house. They have stayed there before about two years ago without much issue.

This time though was a nightmare. First night my family got in late. The AC never cooled so they complained in the morning. They were given a new room, though now that they had more time in it, what was found was AWLFUL!

The rooms are NASTY. Brown stains were highly visable on the pillow. Linen old and worn out, comforter not cleaned in some time. Carpet, furniture, beds OLD. Bathrooms not clean. Stains, pubic hair on toliet seats when you flipped it up.

Party throughout the night (4am), and pretty sure prostitution. Staff was rude. Place has really changed. We have eaten there in the past, and food was great, but after the hotel issue, we skipped the food.

If you are visiting people in the area, stay at their house or travel the extra miles to Belcamp or Shrewsbury!!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank twink8203
Pylesville, MD
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I normally do not review restaurants but felt I needed to for this place. My wife and I have visited this establishment a few times over the years. I have never had any problems with the food or service which have always been excellent. My issue is the management. On our last visit we witnessed the manager verbally abusing her staff. I felt embarassed for the waitress and this upset my wife to the point she just wanted to pay the bill and leave. The poor waitress was in tears! Never in my 50 plus years of eating out have I ever witnessed such unprofessional behavior. The manager should be ashamed of herself and apparently needs to be taught the fundamentals of how to treat her employees. Maybe this is why we never see the same servers twice. We discussed this with friends who eat there as well and they also had nothing nice to say about the management. This was our final visit. If she feels is necessary to degrade her employees in front of customers then this is not the place for us!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank shmar229
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I've read a couple of negative reviews on here for the Peach Bottom Inn. I have no idea what kind of standard the negative reviewers expect from such low-cost accommodation, but I think it's good value for money.

The room isn't of the standard you would expect in a five star place but it was clean, with a good shower and the perfect place to stop after nearly 50 miles cycling. The food in the attached restaurant was surprisingly good, and again, good value. Most notable though was the friendly staff, particularly Rula, who was incredibly nice and friendly. When I explained that it was my boyfriend's birthday the following morning and needed to get him a card (not so easy to find when you're cycle touring) she produced a bag from her desk and let me pick one. That is service way above and beyond what I'd ever expect - thank you again for that Rula!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Silkakt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delta
Hampton Inn Shrewsbury
Hampton Inn Shrewsbury
#1 of 1 in New Freedom
Days Inn Perryville
Days Inn Perryville
#1 of 2 in Perryville
Super 8 Havre De Grace Aberdeen Area

Been to Peach Bottom Inn? Share your experiences!