“Nice! Lodge-like feel”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Denver
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice! Lodge-like feel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Highly Recommend. Can't get much better when it comes to a $50-$60 room. Large, clean, good TV, no stains/cigerette burns, A/C worked fine, good shower pressure, bathroom fan worked, couldn't find any signs of bugs, and had a fridge. Was also very quiet, both inside the room as well as the area surrounding.

Location was a bit strange/isolated/relaxing. Very safe. While it's right off the toll road, and has a handful of local restaurants both low budget and fine dining, you have to drive about 10 minutes to Ephrata to get to the closest McDonalds/chains. However, this Red Roof did have a breakfast of cereal and waffles, and the convenience store across the street had fresh made hot items. There is also a Baskin-Robbins/Dunkin Donuts within walking distance behind the roof.

The feel of the area was more of a lodge than a hotel corner. Enjoyed being able to get outside and walking to the convenience store. I also had all day, so after eating one of the lunch specials at The Park Place Diner, I chose the short drive to Ephrata McDonalds for an ice cream cone instead of the (in my opinion) too-expensive Baskin-Robbins.

The type of room you could spend a couple days and relax, but at a nice low rate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jason d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We arrived very late. The room was so filthy we slept in our clothes (see room pictures below). It was 1:00 AM and about 10 degrees out or we would have gone back out. The sheets obviously had not be changed. We put towels over the sheets. The entire room smelled of smoke (especially the bed). There were holes in the sheets (a first for me) and yellow stains. See the pictures below to believe it. The shower looked like someone urinated on the wall. Turned out to be an old bar of soap that had obviously been there a long time (see pictures). I always check Tripadvisor before going to a new area. I thought this hotel would be ok based on many of the reviews. It is not. My suggestion is do not ever stay in a motel in Denver, PA until a new one is built. Stay a short distance away at a nice place for less money and drive in the next day. We visited all three of the main hotels there and between lack of quality and price (poor value) we would make other arrangements or simply not go there again. Everywhere we looked at this hotel was filth. Other people on here say they had an ok experience. I guess you can decide from the pictures.

Room Tip: Want a good room. Stay in a different city!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RAH4
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I haven't stayed @ a hotel in years!... Recent severe cold snap left me with frozen pipes in my home. Being a die-hard, I toughed it out trying to thaw pipes myself, then gave out by 10PM that evening. Having to go to work the next day and be ready, I chose to bypass the 3 local independents. I chose this Red Roof Inn being close to home & knowing I would get 1st class care. The desk manger was very courteous & helpful in getting me checked in, showing me where everything was at. Great Job!... Room was in perfect order and very comfortable. Thanks for a job above & beyond my expectations.

Room Tip: Handicap accessible parking & rooms!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable bed and very quiet. Slept extremely well. Staff so helpful in providing the extra pillows we needed. Very good Black Horse Restaurant within a mile. Breakfast adequate--cereal,milk, juice, fresh fruit pieces, waffles, coffee , pastries, and bagels, coffee. No complaints.

• Stayed December 2013
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have stayed here previously and it was alright but this time the price was almost double and close to $100 with taxes etc..Prepaid online non refundable. Attempted to check in but the (clueless) old lady incised on charging me again, I refused and explained to her several times that it was prepaid and showed her my paperwork. She called the manager and he said he would be there within 30 min, she refused to let me even unpack in my room for this 30 min. The manager showed up and everything was fine I checked in and unpacked. First step into the room the carpet in front of the bathroom was soaking wet, the bathroom fan was crudely replace with a light and all dusty, room was poorly painted, carpet was dirty, dated shower head was disgusting and missing vital parts. At this point I was so tired that I decided not to complain as I got no where arguing with the old lady the first time. I will not stay here again and now stay for half the price in another hotel only a 10 minute drive away. The only benefit of this hotel is that it is close to the flea markets and antiques.

Room Tip: Be sure to view your room prior to check in as not all rooms are alike.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nick123x
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We picked this hotel because it was the only hotel with room that allowed dogs for this past weekend other wise we probable wouldn't have stayed here

For the location and being a Red Roof, not a Hilton I thought the rooms were/are over priced. We paid $129 however, another guess was told he would pay $135 but after arguing with the front deck clerk, he had to pay $159.

I did experience the same issues that others had with the smoke smell. I am very allergic to smoke and found that my asthma and allergies were triggered but the smells in the hallways.

In addition, our room could have used a little more TLC with the bathroom. As well as having the AC unit of when temperatures are in the 80's. It took most of the evening to get the room to a comfortable temperature.

The one positive was that the beds were very comfortable however, two pillows are never enough for a queen size bed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We chose this hotel to shorten travel the following day. Although it was late when we arrived, check-in was quick and we received a friendly greeting. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were super comfy! Wi-fi was a little slow, but it did not kick me off. I was traveling with my young adult son, so having the sink and mirror outside the bathroom was very convenient. My son needed medicine for an earache in the middle of the night which was available in a vending machine. The hotel had a basic continental breakfast...cereal, toast, bagels, English muffins, waffles, apples, bananas, apple or orange juice and hot beverages. It would have been nice to have a little more variety...perhaps yogurt cups or blueberry or lemon poppyseed muffins. Overall, we were happy with our stay and would NOT hesitate to make another reservation here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
Econo Lodge Northeast
Econo Lodge Northeast
#8 of 10 in Reading
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing

Been to Red Roof Inn Denver? Share your experiences!