“Not exactly nice but adequate”

Red Roof Inn Denver
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My family of 5 stayed there for one night.. it was adequate... but for the price I would have expected something at least cleaner... found a very oooold cashew right beside the fridge. Not sure that they really clean this room aside from a quick bathroom wash and changing the bedding. Also the hotel reeked of of cigarette smoke.. even though we were in a non-smoking room it still seeped in.

Went to turn on airconditioner and saw that it had lots of mold inside.. yuck!

But staff was friendly. and it's pet friendly.. however my very-discerning dog wouldn't drink or eat in that room (she does this regularly - if a place isn't very clean she doesn't eat or drink- go figure!)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cairofun

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My boyfriend and I checked in late on Monday night. The gentleman at the desk was friendly and nice. As we walked into the room the hallway was not very enticing. The lights are super dim which gives the hotel a dingy and creepy look. The window screens were torn, and carpets looked dusty. However, when we got to the room we were pleasantly surprised with the size and cleanliness of the room. It would have been a good night's rest however we tried to put on the AC and thought it was broke but really needed to e plugged in. Then it started making this VERY loud noise that we needed to shut it off. The room immediately became a sauna. We tried to open a window but there were no screens, and we saw the bug life that lived outside. The rest of the night it was a battle between load noises and sweat. Overall, not bad but not great!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had specially requested a coffee maker in my room since it was not one of the rooms that had one when making the reservation and that was provided which I appreciated. It was a non smoking room that did smell a little smoky near the hallway. I was happy to have gotten the room for just $60 and didn't have any complaints about cleanliness until I went to shower at 5:30 the next morning to begin getting ready for my interview - there were black hairs on the floor of the tub from the previous guest who apparently shaved. I cleaned it out myself because of how early it was and needed to shower but I was grossed out

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Alliecat37
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Highly Recommend. Can't get much better when it comes to a $50-$60 room. Large, clean, good TV, no stains/cigerette burns, A/C worked fine, good shower pressure, bathroom fan worked, couldn't find any signs of bugs, and had a fridge. Was also very quiet, both inside the room as well as the area surrounding.

Location was a bit strange/isolated/relaxing. Very safe. While it's right off the toll road, and has a handful of local restaurants both low budget and fine dining, you have to drive about 10 minutes to Ephrata to get to the closest McDonalds/chains. However, this Red Roof did have a breakfast of cereal and waffles, and the convenience store across the street had fresh made hot items. There is also a Baskin-Robbins/Dunkin Donuts within walking distance behind the roof.

The feel of the area was more of a lodge than a hotel corner. Enjoyed being able to get outside and walking to the convenience store. I also had all day, so after eating one of the lunch specials at The Park Place Diner, I chose the short drive to Ephrata McDonalds for an ice cream cone instead of the (in my opinion) too-expensive Baskin-Robbins.

The type of room you could spend a couple days and relax, but at a nice low rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jason d
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We arrived very late. The room was so filthy we slept in our clothes (see room pictures below). It was 1:00 AM and about 10 degrees out or we would have gone back out. The sheets obviously had not be changed. We put towels over the sheets. The entire room smelled of smoke (especially the bed). There were holes in the sheets (a first for me) and yellow stains. See the pictures below to believe it. The shower looked like someone urinated on the wall. Turned out to be an old bar of soap that had obviously been there a long time (see pictures). I always check Tripadvisor before going to a new area. I thought this hotel would be ok based on many of the reviews. It is not. My suggestion is do not ever stay in a motel in Denver, PA until a new one is built. Stay a short distance away at a nice place for less money and drive in the next day. We visited all three of the main hotels there and between lack of quality and price (poor value) we would make other arrangements or simply not go there again. Everywhere we looked at this hotel was filth. Other people on here say they had an ok experience. I guess you can decide from the pictures.

Room Tip: Want a good room. Stay in a different city!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RAH4
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I haven't stayed @ a hotel in years!... Recent severe cold snap left me with frozen pipes in my home. Being a die-hard, I toughed it out trying to thaw pipes myself, then gave out by 10PM that evening. Having to go to work the next day and be ready, I chose to bypass the 3 local independents. I chose this Red Roof Inn being close to home & knowing I would get 1st class care. The desk manger was very courteous & helpful in getting me checked in, showing me where everything was at. Great Job!... Room was in perfect order and very comfortable. Thanks for a job above & beyond my expectations.

Room Tip: Handicap accessible parking & rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable bed and very quiet. Slept extremely well. Staff so helpful in providing the extra pillows we needed. Very good Black Horse Restaurant within a mile. Breakfast adequate--cereal,milk, juice, fresh fruit pieces, waffles, coffee , pastries, and bagels, coffee. No complaints.

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
Penn Amish Motel
Penn Amish Motel
#2 of 6 in Denver
Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn Denver? Share your experiences!