“Delicious dinner”
Review of Black Horse Restaurant Tavern - CLOSED

Black Horse Restaurant Tavern
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Black Horse Restaurant & Tavern is the neighborhood place where fine food meets casual comfort. The chef is passionate about providing you with a casual, seasonal celebration of American cuisine. Enjoy his latest creations using fresh, local produce. His impressive culinary background paired with his sensitivity to what his customers crave assures your satisfaction. We invite you to stay after your dining experience for an after dinner drink and dessert that is sure to please your palate.Happy hour food and drink specials are offered daily from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM in the Tavern and also on the outdoor dining terrace (weather permitting).
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I recently had dinner here with a friend, and was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the food was! I ordered the lake trout and it was wonderful -- cooked perfectly and tasted very fresh. We shared an order of fried asparagus as an appetizer, which was also delicious. Our server, Faye, was friendly, polite, and attentive. She checked with us at exactly the right times and she was very professional throughout. I would look forward to dining here again the next time I am visiting the area.

1  Thank Confidante09

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The food is very upscale but you can fine dine without overspending if you want. The chef had some very interesting dinners on the menu. They use local produce and there were menus for Vegetarians and gluten restricted diners. Other than a very noisy child/children (occasionally running around the corner) it was very cozy-the restaurant can't control the kids but the parents should have! Meal was delicious and reasonable.
Don't know why we haven't eaten here before but we will visit again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I last went to Black Horse Restaurant when we were visiting a B&B in Adamstown. When we went three years ago, the food was delicious. This time...not so much. I wouldn't complain about the decor because that's not something that bothers me...but it was a bit dated. The customer service was fantastic...The food LOOKED & smelled delicious, the plating was magnificent, but the taste??? Everything was VERY bland. The honey-chipotle wings just tasted like honey...no chipotle, no seasoning. Everything else we got...mussels & linguini, steak...all very bland. Cooked well, but not seasoned well. I don't know what changed since the last time we came, but the next time we are in the area, I don't think we'll be back. For the prices they charge, I truly expected more...

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We have spent a lot of time in this area, but have never gone to the Black Horse until recently. So glad we finally discovered it!
We have been there twice so far and the food was great both times. The crab cakes are wonderful!
Highly recommended for a special occasion or nice dinner out.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

In the past few months we have been there twice. We live really close so it's easy to just drive by and forget it's there. It's right off the denver/ephrata turnpike exit so it is an easy destination for those traveling plus it's along Rt. 272 which means all the antique shoppers can find this quickly. If you have a party of five or more I recommend calling ahead for reservations and ask for seating in the gazebo. We have eaten there with our 16 y/o son and he really liked one of their burgers. My husband likes the steaks. Last summer we ate outside on the terrace. We always have had great service. Most recently, when we went with friends one of them had the risotto and really liked that option.