“Great little place!”

Black Horse Lodge and Suites
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

For $95 you can't get much better. Stayed here two years in a row and loved it both times. You cant get many room these days for under $100 that arent crawling with bugs and dirt. I'll be back again next October. Prime location if you are visiting for the Stoudts beer festival!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Simpsonatc22

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I am writing this on behalf of my in-laws. They recently came to visit and stayed at the Black Horse. They couldn't stop raving about how spacious and nice the rooms were. Not to mention the friendly staff, especially Tym! They will be staying here again on their next visit!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank muse4
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We had a great stay. We stayed here for the PA Renaissance Faire. We had a clean room. I did not bring my laptop so I'm not familiar with the WiFi. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast was just as good if not better than any chain hotel I've stayed. Yes, the room was rather small. As far as getting a metal key, I thought that was better than getting a plasatic credit card type key. The restaurant had great food and a great atmosphere. The only complaint is that they're only open for diner. But there are other places to eat. It's close to a lot of attractions. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OldOneEye
Reviewed 22 September 2012

If you don't like spiders, mold , bad mold smell and a old toilet that does not work , do not stay at this place.The rooms were big enough but needed to be done over.There were 4 locks on the door so you felt saft. We reserved 20 rooms for our bus group and none of the staff showed us where the rooms were. We had people on canes looking for their rooms at 7:30 at night , walking around the grounds looking for their rooms and this was a big place.You would think for a group this size someone we have helped us find our rooms. When my husband and I first came into our room and looked around we had to kill 2 big spiders.The mold on and around the bathtub was all over. I soon found out in the morning that all the other people including our bus driver all had the same problems in their rooms as we did. The breakfast that came with the price of the room was in a room the size of a bathroom. The coffee was good but they could not make it fast enough for the size of our group. they only had one coffee pot...Our group leader had to tell everyone she was sorry that she picked this place to sleep at and that we would not come here again unless they cleaned, got rid if the mold smell and fixed up the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank diane g
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My wife and I were on a trip from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia. We wanted a stop off the Pa Turnpike within an hour of Philadelphia. We were looking to stay in another hotel which was completely booked (due to an event in Lancaster County). We found this hotel and was able to get one of their last available rooms. Checking prior reviews, we found the reviews to be pretty accurate. The hotel is a former Howard Johnsons. It is dated and does need some renovating / updating. We actually were given metal keys to get into the room (can't think the last time that happened). Bottom line is the room was clean. I've gone to more updated / modern hotels that were filthy and badly kept. My biggest complaint was the wi-fi. It wasn't even remotely adequate. I needed my laptop to check on my son's oversea's flight arriving at Philly's airport. Tim at the front desk let me use their office computer to check on my flight. They really need to get their wi-fi issue solved. Their pool was clean and accessable ( a relief to swim in after a 5 mile morning run). Breakfast was adequate, a very continental meal (toast / bagels / cereal / yogurt , etc.) .We unfortunately did not get a chance to eat at their restaurant. Can't give an opinion there. We got in at 8 PM Saturday and were heading to Philly by 11 AM Sunday. If I had to do this trip all over I would stay at this hotel again. The price per night for the accomodations was a little higher than it should have been.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here on August 18th. We had a room with two queen beds. Clean room and quiet. We chose this place because it is close to the PA Renaissance Faire. They offer two tickets to the Faire, plus a $10.00 gift card to Mt. Hope Winery. It was the perfect location for the price. I would stay here again. Friendly staff. The restaurant is great. We also visited the antique place next door, which was nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank VeniceGirl_1
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I arrived after late- I called to make sure that it would be ok if I got in after 7pm the girl who answered the phone was very nice- and it was really nice to talk to someone and not have to push a million buttons to get a real person. The room was great I stayed in one of the Executive Suites it was very comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay and if every traveling back up that way I would stay there again even if not for business.
The staff was very friendly-
Great place to stay..

Room Tip: If you want a nice quiet place to stay this is the place to be!!!