“Several Reasons NOT to stay here...”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Denver
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Denver
Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
“Several Reasons NOT to stay here...”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Never stay at the the Econo Lodge in Denver PA. Reasons: 1. Apparently the hall ways to the non-smoking rooms are NOT non-smoking. They reek of cigarette smoke. The rooms don't smell that good either. 2. Dog poop in the side entrance hallway. 3. Maid came into the room without knocking first. And the towels she brought were not all the way dry. 4. The cops were called on Fri nite because one of the people in the room next door was being so disorderly the other people in the room with him had locked him out. He kept knocking on their door and was being very loud and obnoxious. 5. Well do you need any more reasons? Oh and the Red Roof Inn is attached to the Econo Lodge so I would not suggest that one either.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Union City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 September 2011

As I arrived there was bags of garbage at the front entrance. That night when my wife and I decided we would like a cup of coffee, there was none on the premises. I was told I could get some at breakfast. The room had a full size gefrigerator, microwave, and sink, butno coffee pot. We ran out of toilet paper the first night, luckily I could get some at the front desk. My wife did not have her key the next afternoon and they gave her one and asked for no ID. Can anyone get a key. Several otherminor irratations. I filled out the opinion card and listrd all od this and also told the gentleman checking us out. I have not yet received a response from anyone. DO NJOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Millington, Maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This Econo Lodge was no frills but was quiet and clean. Room was very large, having 2 queen beds, a sleep sofa, table and chairs, and still plenty of room to walk around in. Certainly more than I expected for the price. Continental breakfast was small but adequate with cold cereals, fruit, bagels, danish, toast, juices and coffee.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank number3girl
decatur, In
Reviewed 30 July 2010

The hotel is dirty, the room smelled. We had to get Febreze to spray in the room to be able to stay there. Bathroom was a mess. Several hairs on the side of the tub. The drain was nasty. Towels were stained with who knows what! Beds were extremely hard and the pillows were paper thin. The hallway was dirty, and smells of stale smoke. Was charged more for the room than when the reservation was booked. Didn't stay for breakfast..as bad as the place smelled and dirty as it was, there was no way we were going to eat anything there. Booking here was a mistake.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
delaware
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Immediately upon walking into this place, I felt as though I was not only in 1972, but also in the movie Vacancy due to the outdated carpets, drapery, beds, etc. My girlfriend and I had read some somewhat sketchy reviews on the room before, so we began inspection before even putting our stuff down. Everything appears to be okay until you have time to sit and look. The bathroom was disgusting. Not only was the floor sticky, the tub/shower was full of soap scum and whatever else, and there were hairs sprinkled on the tub rail and toilet! We had opted to go pickup food and bring it back, and when we got back we were greeted by a dark room that had somehow tripped a circuit breaker in the 20 minutes we were gone. After attempting to eat for all of 5 minutes, we started to itch. Why? We still have yet to determine that. At this point we packed whatever we had taken out and checked out. So all in all, our 40 minute stay at this place was terrible. Service is non-existant here and the foreign owned people's ideas of cleanliness are clearly different than what a normal person is used to. Unfortunately, we couldn't get our money back for our room due to other complications, but between staying there or coming home and driving all the way back out again, driving was much more worth the peace of mind. Another unfortunate circumstance is that all other hotels in the area were booked this evening due to an event we were all attending. This hotel was all that was left and its obvious as to why. Save yourself the headache and the grimy feeling and choose somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank newlevel03
pa
Reviewed 12 August 2009

The kitchen in the suite was dirty. The microwave was caked with debris. The bathroom repairs were exposed. The bedding had cigarette burns. The suite was to be non-smoking. The maintenance was close to none. Requests to have things changed had to be repeated.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
WV
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I stopped at this Econo Lodge after driving for hours on the Penn. Turnpike. Very convent location and quiet facility. The room was spacious and had a kitchen and walk in closet. The service was fairly good, the desk clerk printed me out directions with no problem.

The room it self was good. The cleaniness of the room was something else. The room was full of dust. The counter and the night stands were covered in dust. The bath tub had a few hairs in it so I skept using it. The bathroom was a little outdated but fair. The room had what seemed to be new carpet and the beds were very comforatble.

Overall if the room had been cleaner I wouldn't have any complants. It was a great room for a good price but if you have allergies I would pass on this hotel completely.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
Comfort Inn Amish Country
Comfort Inn Amish Country
#1 of 3 in New Holland
Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Denver? Share your experiences!