This is my first review ever of a hotel, and this place deserved the first one!
I have just driven from NY to CA back to NY, and have stayed in about 10 nice hotels in the last 3 weeks, this is BY FAR the best hotel!
Let me start off by saying when i first walked into the lobby i was greeted by a beautiful lobby that had 2 stunning beautiful blown glass lights hanging from the ceiling. Then I was greeted by 2 friendly and very helpful staff members Rebecca and Jamie, who proceeded to check me in record time! As a Priority club member I was given my complimentary water right away, and thanked for being a member.
They then went on to tell me about the restaurants in the area (there's got to be atleast 30 From Japanese to Olive Garden!), and gave me some coupons for some of them! Applebees here I come!
The breakfast room looks like its right out a club in Manhattan!
As I proceeded to my room I was amazed by the arcarde room, the workout room, the pool/spa area and lastly a laundry room that belongs in a magazine, (this also had an arcade!) The hallways are bright and sunny with lots of color!
Last but not least...the room....I got a 2 queen bed size room...its huge!
The bathroom besides being spotless, was big, and also nicely decorated
This is a beautifully decorated hotel , with great colors, and art work, not your usual hotel motif, the rug in the room is itself a piece of art! (hard to tell from pictures, but trust me!)
Some other key things I noticed, the breakfast time is 4 hrs long (most are 3).
The pool opens at 5am (most open after 8)
So between the staff, the look of the hotel, and the price... I have to give this place 5 Stars!
I am very happy I stumbled on to this place, I will surely be back, this time with the family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the 2016 IHG Torchbearer Award. Stay Smart® when you visit the Holiday Inn Express® and Suites in Dickson City, PA. Consistently ranked in the top 2% of hotels in the brand in North America and winner of the prestigious Torchbearer Award, given to Elite hotels who provide exceptional quality and service. Our award winning hotel has a sleek and modern design with many amenities. We are conveniently located in the heart of the restaurant and shopping district with over 50+ restaurants and shopping stores within ½ mile. Enjoy our many amenities including our Free Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, Large Indoor Pool and Spa, 24Hour Fitness and Business Center, Free High Speed Internet, Gated Patio with Fire Pits and Gas/Charcoal Grill for guest use, and Airport Shuttle. Our hotel is close to all the major attractions such as Elk & Montage Mountains, Steamtown National Historic Site, Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour, The Pavilion at Montage, Mohegan Sun Arena, & Mohegan Sun Casino Our Dickson City hotel is located just 2 miles north of Downtown Scranton and close to all of the major Universities and Hospitals such as University of Scranton, Marywood University, Geisinger CMC, and Regional Hospital of Scranton. Business travelers love our location for easy on and off the highway without dealing with the congestion of the city. We welcome numerous business clients both large and small from Bank of America, TMG Health, Wegmans, Walmart, Gentex, Kiewit, and Invenergy. Having a reception at a venue near Dickson City or Scranton? Our hotel offers superb room accommodations and offers shuttle service to local venues such as Fiorelli’s, Gennetti Manor, Montdale and Scranton Country Clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Dickson City-Scranton
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton Hotel Dickson City