“Whoa! What a place-I will be back!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dickson City
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This is my first review ever of a hotel, and this place deserved the first one!
I have just driven from NY to CA back to NY, and have stayed in about 10 nice hotels in the last 3 weeks, this is BY FAR the best hotel!
Let me start off by saying when i first walked into the lobby i was greeted by a beautiful lobby that had 2 stunning beautiful blown glass lights hanging from the ceiling. Then I was greeted by 2 friendly and very helpful staff members Rebecca and Jamie, who proceeded to check me in record time! As a Priority club member I was given my complimentary water right away, and thanked for being a member.
They then went on to tell me about the restaurants in the area (there's got to be atleast 30 From Japanese to Olive Garden!), and gave me some coupons for some of them! Applebees here I come!
The breakfast room looks like its right out a club in Manhattan!
As I proceeded to my room I was amazed by the arcarde room, the workout room, the pool/spa area and lastly a laundry room that belongs in a magazine, (this also had an arcade!) The hallways are bright and sunny with lots of color!
Last but not least...the room....I got a 2 queen bed size room...its huge!
The bathroom besides being spotless, was big, and also nicely decorated
This is a beautifully decorated hotel , with great colors, and art work, not your usual hotel motif, the rug in the room is itself a piece of art! (hard to tell from pictures, but trust me!)
Some other key things I noticed, the breakfast time is 4 hrs long (most are 3).
The pool opens at 5am (most open after 8)
So between the staff, the look of the hotel, and the price... I have to give this place 5 Stars!
I am very happy I stumbled on to this place, I will surely be back, this time with the family!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Hotel opened back in April of this year and it obviously hit the ground running. The staff is nothing short of spectacular. I was staying over the Pocono race weekend and wanted to stay an extra night but the hotel was booked solid. Jason behind the front desk despite being swamped with the influx of check-ins had the courtesy to call me before check-out to offer me a room due to a last second cancellation! Saved me the trouble of having to pack up shop and have to go through the hassle of staying elsewhere. The hotel's location, cleanliness, decor, FREE breakfast, pool, staff and MOST importantly rooms are second to NONE!!! Til next time!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I've never written a review before but my wife and kids were so impressed with this H.I. Express that I felt compelled to say a few words.
Stayed here for only one night with the wife and kids. The hotel is still very new so everything is immaculate. Hotel staff and manager were very friendly. Free breakfast was great. Lots of choices. Some free breakfasts at other hotels have been pretty lame. This one had everything from pancakes to muffins. Great gym and pool area. On the side of the hotel is a patio with some tables that have gas fired pits in the table! Very cool. Rooms are clean. The beds are so comfortable my wife and I lifted up the sheets to see what brand it was. We are now getting the same for our house. We have stayed at Hilton, Hyatt. For the money this place cannot be beaten. It's a little hard to find if you don't have directions. It's only a half mile off I-81, but it's behind what is a Red Robin burger place, so you have to turn there to find it. I don't own any stock in this company or have any affiliation, but I have stayed in some average and below place with my family so I know a good place when I see it.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is a relatively new property in a good location near shopping, restaurants and interstate. Nice facility (although the access road is well -hidden; it is behind the Red Robin.)

Nice room, the one flat-screen works really well, fresh furniture, etc. The management is still learning though. Room was not perfectly clean on arrival, what was billed as a suite should have had 2 TVs, we got there late so we ended up in a room too close to a noisy common room late one night.

The breakfast rush in the morning was the huge problem. The hotel was full of hungry families because of all the nearby summer camps and the staff was completely overwhelmed by it all. Supplies quickly ran out, trash accumulated, etc.

All in all, I expect this will be a good place to stay when their work out the kinks and they are not completely full.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank srr3306y
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We chose this hotel because we figured it was new, so it couldn't be bad. It was so nice. The lobby is small, which isn't a negative, just if you are looking for a grand entrance, you won't find it here. It has two really unique, blown glass chandeliers, and some really cool chairs. There is a well stocked store, complete with frozen dinners for late night snacks. The front desk personnel was great! Very friendly. There is a nice room off the lobby with a big screen tv and sitting area, and tables set up for the nice breakfast served daily. Really cool pancake machine, ready made western omlets, bagels, muffins etc. Outside area has a bunch of tables, and there's a neat gas fire pit. Indoor pool and hot tub (small, but the hotel only has 3 floors of guest rooms, so it is fine), small gym, and business room with two computers to use. Rooms were nice: Big flat screen tv, microwave and fridge. Bathroom has granite counter top, nice little nook with shelves for extra towels, and the mini bottles of shampoo, etc. It was nice that they were out of the way, and not right on the counter top. beds were so comfortable and they even had firm and soft pillows. Hotel looks exactly as shown on the website photos

Reviewed 4 July 2011

A very new property and extremely clean. Nice if not huge pool and a good complimentary breakfast. No too near the main roads so not very noisy. A good overall stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

Traveled to the Scranton area for a concert at Montage Mountain with my family of four. We booked online using a web based site. I called as we were driving to the area to confirm our confirmation and to confirm a late arrival. The staff person on the phone was very polite and cordial and very accommodating. She confirmed our reservation and assisted with some additional directions to the site.
We arrived around 11:45 p.m. to find an easy check in and a very helpful desk staff person. I asked how long the restaurants were open on the strip outside. She took the time to contact several of them which included Red Robin, Quaker Steak and Lube and Pizzeria Uno. The Red Robin is next door and they stayed open so I could run down to get several meals to go as we were starving from the late night concert.
The Hotel was new, clean and our room was a good size including two queen sized beds, flat screen tv, desk, free wireless, refrigerator and microwave. The lobby was nicely decorated, with a large lounge in the evening with fire place and during the morning changed to the morning dinning area. The breakfast was nice, hot, and filling. We did not come down to breakfast until 9:45 a.m. due to our late night. I was hoping for a hot coffee and maybe a muffin because it was so late but I was surprised to find hot eggs, ham, biscuits, sausage gravy, fresh cinnamon rolls that were warm, yogurt, 4 different kinds of cereal, toast, bagels, juices and coffee.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Driveway connected to Red Robin driveway