The hotel is a step above most Holiday Inn Express hotels. The decor is beautiful, fresh and new. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and the place was immaculate. We received water/snacks at check-in as Priority Club members, and a wide assortment of cookies along with lemonade was available to everyone. My only complaint, which I hesitate to mention, was that the chlorine was strong in the hot tub, and the water was VERY hot. The pool and the pool area were excellent. They even have handicapped accessible lift chairs. If you are very hot natured, you may want to know that the air is controlled by a wall thermostat, and will only cool down to 72 degrees. I like it cooler, but my family liked that I could not freeze them out! Lol! The manager is first rate. We arrived on a Thursday and were immediately invited to the manager's reception for hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, delicious dips, wine, beer and soda. She was friendly and attentive and was there again when we checked out the next morning. My family of 4 plus my parents all had a wonderful stay. I highly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the 2016 IHG Torchbearer Award. Stay Smart® when you visit the Holiday Inn Express® and Suites in Dickson City, PA. Consistently ranked in the top 2% of hotels in the brand in North America and winner of the prestigious Torchbearer Award, given to Elite hotels who provide exceptional quality and service. Our award winning hotel has a sleek and modern design with many amenities. We are conveniently located in the heart of the restaurant and shopping district with over 50+ restaurants and shopping stores within ½ mile. Enjoy our many amenities including our Free Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, Large Indoor Pool and Spa, 24Hour Fitness and Business Center, Free High Speed Internet, Gated Patio with Fire Pits and Gas/Charcoal Grill for guest use, and Airport Shuttle. Our hotel is close to all the major attractions such as Elk & Montage Mountains, Steamtown National Historic Site, Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour, The Pavilion at Montage, Mohegan Sun Arena, & Mohegan Sun Casino Our Dickson City hotel is located just 2 miles north of Downtown Scranton and close to all of the major Universities and Hospitals such as University of Scranton, Marywood University, Geisinger CMC, and Regional Hospital of Scranton. Business travelers love our location for easy on and off the highway without dealing with the congestion of the city. We welcome numerous business clients both large and small from Bank of America, TMG Health, Wegmans, Walmart, Gentex, Kiewit, and Invenergy. Having a reception at a venue near Dickson City or Scranton? Our hotel offers superb room accommodations and offers shuttle service to local venues such as Fiorelli’s, Gennetti Manor, Montdale and Scranton Country Clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Dickson City-Scranton
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton Hotel Dickson City