“Fantastic Experience”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dickson City
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I visit Scranton for a weekend at least once a year with friends. Usually stay at the Hilton downtown. Tried this hotel because it was cheaper than the Hilton for this particular weekend. Also it is a short drive to Marywood University. (My friend and I attended alumni events at Marywood.)
I can't say enough good things about this Holiday Inn. Everyone there was extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast area was spacious with good continental food. The gentleman who took care of this area did a nice job. Great spacious room. Our room with double beds and a couch had a little breakfast table - microwave - refrigerator. Outside patio that could be reached from more than one community room including the breakfast area -- very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Like everyone says; excellent place! Plus lots of decent food/drink very close by. Really good staff. I stay in Scranton on business a lot, and have total choice of where I stay, so if I don't stay at the Hilton or Radisson (both downtown), this place is my next choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is my wife and myself first stay at this Holiday Inn Express, and we would be more than inclined to stay here again if we where in the area. They exceeded your expectations in every way possible. We came to have our motorcycle serviced at the local Harley Davidson dealership, they picked us up and brought us back to the hotel. The first night of our stay was a Thursday which is a mangers complimentary wine and finger foods, is was very nice and looked over by a very pleasant women named Pearl. Later on that evening they took us to the local stores to do some light shopping. Upon waking on Friday morning they took us to the mall, then we called and they picked us up and took us to the movie theater and they also took us to a local restaurant. They have a very nice breakfast in the morning, and all the staff and very pleasant and accommodating. We would like to personally thank, Alexis, Chrissy, Rebecca, Mark & Ed for making this a very enjoyable stay. And also a special thank you to all the men & women in housekeeping for doing such a wonderful job at keeping the place looking so great....thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I arrived mid afternoon for a 10 hour stay nice sized parking lot easy to get a semi into..the facility is 3 years old but looks brand new...was greeted by 2 people working the front desk and also greeted by the manager..got to my room and it was absolutely perfect..this Holiday Inn Express is within the top 3 of the best I have ever stayed out ..most are very good to great but this one is well above that..hopefully I will be back in this area again so I can stay another time..You will not go wrong staying here because it is the best of the best..

Room Tip: I would assume all the rooms are perfect..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I have stayed at this Holiday Express twice now over the past two years and it always exceeds our expectations. The facilities are spotless and brand new looking and the ample breakfast selections never disappoint. The decor is very modern and fun and makes you feel like you are staying in a luxury hotel. Prices are always afordable and it's featured right next to the mall and a variety of dining options. We'll be back again!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pingkew
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The room was comfortable and clean. There were many choices for breakfast. There was an added bonus of a complimentary wine and finger food event in the evening which I believe they have on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. This was helpful as otherwise one would have to leave the hotel for dinner or order in and the night I stayed it was very cold outside so I did not want to go back out. I could hear a TV through my wall which may have been on most of the night but I am very sensitive to sound. Except for the problem of finding the road access, it conveniently located to I81. The only main drawback I felt was the price which seemed quite high for a Holiday Inn Express - $149.21 with taxes and that was with the AAA discount. All in all a good night, though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We went as a family of five. It was very clean and sanitized, with a tv and two queen beds. Very good,not excellent because it wags a little small. We went skiing at elk not far. Oce again, very nice. Stop by if you are on 81 it's close to an exit. Very nice hotel.☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️Very very pleased,I need to have 200 characters so I'm trying to fill it up. Once again,veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery Enjoyable stay, second time staying. Warning,it has a very strange location. Find the red robin, the hotel is behind it.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 6 in Clarks Summit
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton? Share your experiences!