“Local Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is a nice local sushi place! We love going for our date night, sushi is always fresh, drinks are good and we have a great time. Service would be better, but we still go! Owner is very friendly, and the sushi chefs are friendly as well.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Let me start off the sushi was good but not some of the best I have. A matter of fact I've had better across the street at Wegmans. The worst part of our visit that our server was not too good. She would leave our drinks empty until we had to flag her down. They give you enough ginger to cover one sushi roll not all three rolls you order. Sushi and service will keep me away from going here again!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Would never thought I would ever say that Scranton, PA had good sushi...but it did/does! Tried octopus appetizer and shared the Tri-State sushi/roll dinner. Was just amazing.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This is one of my favorite local spots. Their sushi is the best around, and the chef comes up with some amazingly creative entrees. My husband & I love the food. We prefer to avoid Fri & Sat evenings as it gets really loud & crowded, but having said that, this is definitely an establishment worth frequenting.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I kept going back and forth on what sort of review to give Blu Wasabi. We both enjoyed our food, and the service was very, very good. Normally, I would be gushing about what an amazing place this is and how this should be on everyone's bucket list. Instead we were left greatly disappointed.

We were out celebrating my friend's birthday and they wanted to try Blu Wasabi. Having driven past this restaurant countless times and wanting to try it as well, it sounded like a great idea to me. We called and were able to get reservations for later that night. Upon arriving for our reservation, there was no parking anywhere in the lot and several other people were circling looking for a space as well. This struck me as odd, as, though the lot is tiny, one would expect a restaurant to have enough parking for the patrons that they would expect at any given time. It all made sense when we went in and found that there was a bar. People hang out at bars. You can't have a bar and expect parking spaces to free up, they won't. This though I would consider a minor annoyance (Even though it's really bad planning).

What really ruined the meal for us was the fact that this had to be the loudest restaurant I have ever been in in my life. People screaming across tables, yelling at the top of their lungs, etc. I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't a part of "Gina's" party, as I could have swore they were trying to talk to me... We were seriously considering paying for our drinks and finding somewhere else to eat. And I'm usually pretty good at letting things go, but it was simply unbearable. I have been in clubs that were quieter!

For a fine dining restaurant, I would have expected it to be MUCH quieter.

2  Thank 100Leoni