“Affordable place to spend the night”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dillsburg
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I stayed here one night while on a bicycle trip.It was clean & comfortable.It was $60[ this was 2 years ago] which was not cheap but not expensive either.

The bar/resturaunt next door served a good dinner and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 August 2009

Never, never, never, never, NEVER stay in this hotel.
My mother and I planned on touring Gettysburg, but unfortunately we ended up not being able to get a hotel in Gettysburg. This motel seemed to be okay, so we chose it instead.
We arrived around 9 pm. The check in time was 5pm, but our room was still not ready. The rude check in man told us to leave and come back in an hour or so.
When we returned, our room was filthy. Our nonsmoking room had ashtrays with cigarettes still left in it. The lock on the door was also broken. We went back to the front desk and asked for a new room. He refused to give us a new one. He insisted that "this is a nice town. You will be fine. No lock needed." We didn't feel comfortable staying in a room without a lock, so we threatened to leave. He whined and finally said he'd replace the lock. Twenty minutes later he walked into our room unannounced and grabbed some tools he left behind.

The next morning he billed us for 'extra cleaning services' because we insisted that he send someone down to empty the garbages, ashtrays, and bring toilet paper. He also charged us $350 for a new lock that was broken when we arrived.

This was hands down the most awful motel I've ever stayed in. The staff was rude and inconsiderate. They room was filthy. It was so awful that you couldn't pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank gettysburgstudent
Reviewed 25 April 2009

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Dillsburg on April 18, 2009 on our way to visit the memorial in Gettysburg. The first impression that I had on seeing the property was that it was a little run down and old-fashioned looking. The front desk was manned by two young girls - maybe 12 or 13 years old. I thought that this was rather odd as we were checking in around 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday evening, a time when one would expect the front desk to be busy. After a little confusion, the girls got us checked in.

Our room was not large but it was clean. The only complaint that I had with the room was that the bathroom door would not latch properly when closed. This property is quite close to busy Route 15 and I expected that the room might be noisy all night (especially as early during that Saturday evening every vehicle in Pennsylvania that did not have a muffler roared by!) However, as the night went on, things became quieter and noise was not an issue.

Eating in the area is limited if you do not want to drive to a restaurant. Adjacent to the Rodeway Inn is a family restaurant called Flapjacks. We ate dinner there and found it to be pleasant and reasonably-priced with average quality food. The motel does provide a limited free breakfast in the office area - coffee or tea and factory-wrapped honey buns and oatmeal creme cookies. It's not the healthiest of breakfasts, but it's free.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. It was fairly priced for an average motel and was less than an hour's drive from Gettysburg. Could you find many similar places in the area? Probably.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dbakerca
Reviewed 28 April 2008

We were on our way to Florida and needed a place to stop for the night. We were looking for clean, inexpensive rooms. Hopefully with a Fridge.
We found all this at this Rodeway, though not a huge place nor new it was kept clean with no harsh chemicals that I could smell ( I am very sensitive to smells) The beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean.
The service was also very friendly. Of all the hotels I stayed in on this vacation I put this one first on the list and plan to stay the next time I drive south.
From a Grateful Canadian!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank CanuckgirlOttawa
Reviewed 26 March 2008

My husband and our two children stayed here almost a year while he worked here in Dillsburg. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. Pets are welcome. Overall it has been a very nice stay. There is a good restaurant/bar next door, and it is located right in town with easy access to shops. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank loubama985
Reviewed 16 March 2008

very clean the room was a little small we had a good night sleep and the price was right management very freindly and helpful

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sewed
Reviewed 19 June 2005

Good clean place to stay if your on the road and want a cheap place to stay for the night

The staff was excellent and very together. They knew how to take care of my frequent flyer miles to my airline account, which isn't always the case.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank secryt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillsburg
Econo Lodge
Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Travelodge Carlisle
Travelodge Carlisle
#22 of 27 in Carlisle

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!