“Great service; great food”
Review of Baker's Restaurant

Baker's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Dillsburg
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our recent dinner at Baker's was a pleasant experience, even on a busy Friday night. Our orders arrived at the table promptly. The "breakfast all day" option is great for those dining with children, or anyone. The salad was fresh and crisp, and all the sides were generous portions. The fried fish basket was delicious. Our server was great!

1  Thank fairville

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Beautifully renovated recently. The food was superb and the portions massive. I had a Turkey Club that was too big for my mouth. Savage amount of Turkey in it. The fries with Gravy are delicious and the French Onion Soup worth the visit. Fast, friendly service, low prices.

2  Thank Conor R
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good sized place, speedy service, and the food was really good. And a must, the deserts. Open around the clock. Should be your first option when along rt. 15.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I met my daughter for dinner and thought we would get "diner food." My salad was so fresh with real bacon and roasted turkey not cold cuts. Portions were large. Service was excellent. Can't wait to stop in again.

1  Thank Stella B
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Though listed as 'Baker's Restaurant' by Tripadvisor, the sign outside when we visited said "Baker's Diner" -- same address.

Impressive neatness and cleanliness both outside and in; wide variety of American fare accentuated with international style favorites (Italian, Mexican, Chinese); efficient, courteous, and thoughtful waitstaff; and tasty food served promptly. Restrooms immaculate. The manager told me they installed a long-ramped handicap entrance.

Dillsburg, just South of Harrisburg on Us-15, is a town my wife and I have passed through on numerous trips to or through Pennsylvania. Recently we made a determined effort to stop here, around 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon. Even though a bit early for the prime supper time, many cars and customers were there attesting to Baker's Diner being a popular spot. We were greeted as we walked in, and seated in less than a minute. Our server arrived very quickly thereafter to provide water and ask for any other drinks we might wish.

When travelling, we often eat light, and this time my wife and I split a "Baker's Club" sandwich of ham, turkey and beef with a side of sweet potato fries. The sandwich in this menu grouping came with coleslaw, pickle, and "chips". This three division sandwich arrived, over 2" thick loaded with the advertised meats + lettuce + mayonnaise + a generous serving of bacon. We were blown away by the thoughtfulness and consideration shown by Allie (sp?): our "sandwich" arrived on two plates, each one with what looked liked a "stretch" version of a club sandwich - two quarters end-to-end on each plate, kind of like a shish-kabob. Each plate had its own pickle slice, each with a bag of one our favorite local kettle-cooked potato chip, and each with a demi-cup of coleslaw.

The fries were presented with a light sprinkling of powdered sugar. Allie was back several times to check up on us (not just once), quickly and happily respond to our requests. (Sound too good to be true - we're not kidding). Between the service and the tastiness of the food, we were converted. Instead of staying light, we had desert. My spouse's fresh peach pie was thoroughly warmed, and my combination Baklava-Cheesecake tastily justified departing from the lighter, earlier entrees. The latter was as delicious as a fresh apple crumb pie ala mode, but due the layering of baklava, needed a knife to section off pieces of the dairy and Greek layers together.

Many times we'd driven by without stopping, but I think we'll be looking proactively for opportunities to return. From the South, its a little hard to reach, having to make a left turn (with a light) across traffic, going a few hundred feet behind the commercial row along the highway, then looking for a sign on the right to the parking area. It is *not* a corner business, but you can see it from the corner just before you the light. From the North, if you miss it driving by, you can turn right about 100 feet later and watch for that sign to the other entrance. A Google street view is also available.

Rating: 5-stars for the outstanding service, cleanliness, efficiency, and tasty food in combination. For those special occasions when a family diner is the atmosphere you're happy with - you can't beat this -- but I would tend to go for a place a bit more elegant, where experimental specials might tempt my tastebuds. I love diners for the variety and the quality I often find, and this one is excellent. Yes, we'd go back, and plan to tell about it to friends headed that way.

1  Thank TacoTripper