Dingmans Campground
US$87
US$127
US$117
  • Pool
Scottish Inns Milford(Milford)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$167
US$156
HIExpress.com
US$111
Pocono Palace Resort(Marshalls Creek)
US$230
US$208
All reviewsgeneral storedelaware riverport o pottiescamperscanoemilford
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I absolutely hated this campground, so I'm giving it 1 star. I realize though that other people may have a different idea of what "camping" is to them and so they might think this place is fine. I'll just explain my experience and others can decide for themselves what kind of camping experience they're in to.

Basically, if you're looking for a decently priced, pretty, quiet campground for a relaxing night of sleeping outdoors and listening to nature sounds and campfires crackling, this is NOT the place for you.

If you're looking for a place to bring a huge group of friends, your loud kids, your obnoxious barking dogs, and your radio to blast your music for all your neighbors to hear, this place will probably be for you -- as long as you're also cool with nasty, muddy bathrooms and camping close to other large groups of people (who are often within spitting distance from you). It's worth mentioning though that a park ranger seems to circle the campground in a truck nonstop (another annoying thing), so if you're looking for a full-fledged drinking party, you'll definitely have to be discrete.

As for me...the level of noise and the closely crammed campsites was not the experience I wanted, so I ended up leaving (even after paying the hefty $35 fee to camp there). Also...I'm not normally one to complain about the bathrooms (I've camped at plenty of places without bathrooms or water at all), but if I'm paying that much for a tent camping site...I'd expect the facilities to be clean and well maintained. Otherwise, what the hell is this money being used for?

I just spent a month and a half driving up the East Coast from Texas to Maine, then down to Pennsylvania/New Jersey. I camped at a different place almost every night and this was the most expensive campsite out of all of them (and surprisingly the crappiest). I asked the people at the check-in office if they could refund my money since I had just arrived and paid about an hour prior, but they said no - no refunds!! I spent another hour sitting in my hammock tent wondering if I could tough it out since I had already spent the money, but I was miserable and wasn't going to get any sleep at all (especially with the constant noise of the barking dogs next to me), so I packed up and left to go camp in a friend's friend's backyard. I was definitely glad I did.

The only thing this place has going for it is that it's in the Delaware Water Gap, which is a pretty area to explore.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Cristen A
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Unfortunately, the recent reviews about being raided and treated rudely by the rangers are correct. Our group of four 35-40 y.o.'s was also abruptly searched and ticketed ($75) for being in possession of 4 bottles of beer as we sat quietly around the campfire at 11 pm.

This was my 3rd time camping at Dingman's in the last few years, but it is the first time that I've had this experience with the authorities. I have no problem with the campground itself, but I think that the police presence is ruining the place for the sake of state revenue. It's a shame, but I will not be returning to Dingman's again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claudia B
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Very unpleasant experiences here.
It's dried campsite, which I wasn't informed.
Ranger that night issued me $75 ticket because I was holding Coors Light on my hand.
Ranger was very vicious, unfriendly, no respect to visitors.
Around 4 am in the morning, a guy who was camping in front of our campsite threw up heavily and I woke up because of the sounds he creating. I know they were drinking heavily.

Campsite it self is cozy enough, but people who work for the campsite is very unfriendly!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peterpan C
Reviewed 24 June 2013

It's not the worst, but it's certainly not the best. We chose it because it was close to home for us (about and hour and 20 min) and it was perfect for us to get to Friday after work and fall off the grid for the weekend (there is zero cell service). We loved that they were pet friendly. Alcohol is prohibited, so no beer to unwind at the end of the day but we lived. Some of the sites seemed small but ours was perfect. We were a little disappointed by the water access as it was a small rocky strip to walk on and the water was very shallow, although our dog loved it!! We tried to avoid the bathhouses, as it seemed the potapotty located closer to our site was cleaner. Overall, it's an average campsite, but it was perfect for our quick weekend getaway and we will definitely go back to escape the everyday.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had visited this campground and found it to be the worst experience ever.. To start there was only one shower.. the bathrooms were disgusting with toilets backed up and the smell of urine wasnt good.. We asked for direction to a local water fall and got sent on a 15mile hike to nowhere.. They said it was a dry campground and they weren't kidding bc the park ranger/rental cop harassed us every night.. We had some beers in cups and the music was off while we sat around a fire talking quietly. The rangers searched our coolers with out permission.. they said we were on federal land and they have the right to do what ever they want.. well they did and gave us numerous tickets.. we were trying to have a peaceful relaxing weekend and got the exacted opposite. we felt and like we were being watched the whole time and in the middle of the night we hide and caught the rangers spying on us.. the only thing they could say to us was why is your fire so big.. now let be serious the fire is in a tire ring how big could a fire be at most 3 ft tall.. don't bother camping here

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family