“Beautiful, relaxing and gives you time to strengthen your family bond.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingmans Ferry
Babbling Brook Cottages
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We stayed at the cottage around easter. Pat the owner made it so welcoming. She had chilled champagne waiting, home made brownies for our family & even made easter baskets for our young children. Our family went hiking, fishing, relaxed down at the waterfalls and enjoyed spending quality time by the camp fire. The cottage was clean, comfortable & beautifully decorated. We are from the city but I am a country girl at heart and I can't wait to go back. Thank you, Pat for making the Ortiz family feel so welcomed.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Babbling Brook Cottages

Reviewed 21 September 2009

If any one is looking for a get away, this is the place to go. The lady that owns the cottages is so down to earth not even funny. Her cottages are very clean my wife has her own cleaning business and felt they were very clean. There are Awesome waterfalls 75 yards away from her cottages to view, walk, or even swim. Pat had given my wife and me a sugestion for Dinner and we were very happy with the food, was Italian. Mtn Pocono is only 35 minutes away with more shops and activities to do such as Horseback, Candle Making, Cheesecake Factory Yummy. I have one more thing to say Pat had every detail for me and my wife to make our Honeymoon Perfect nice Fire place and even a bottle of wine, so please check her place out. BABLING BROOK COTTAGES DINGMANS FERRY PA.

James and Joanne Tomsa

Reviewed 11 September 2009

Very clean, cozy, close to the waterfalls. Beautiful scenery, extremely relaxing. Can't wait to go back again!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Let me start by saying that I can appreciate a plush 4-star hotel anytime, but I purposely went in search of something quaint, simple, and a little different for my husband and I to get away for 2 nights, that had kayaking areas nearby. What we found in Babbling Brook Cottages was exactly what we wanted. Patricia, owner/hostess, was fantastic, and so available to us - she welcomed us with a wheel barrel full of wood for our first night's fire, and made sure we had everything we needed at all times. I'm so glad she suggested Cabin #2 for us, it proved to be more than we could have ever expected from the pictures on the website- it is adorable, with every amenity you need - even a t.v. if you prefer, which we never even plugged in. The setting is lovely, the bedroom/sitting room is cozy and I still can't believe how big the kitchen is. The bathroom of course is tiny and the shower's not so powerful, but plenty of hot water, and very clean - the whole place was spotless. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the privacy of our own "backyard" with small bonfire pit. barbecue grill and picnic table. Coffee on the front patio was delightful, lots of sun in the morning. A short walk through the woods, down and up a few hills, into the state park to see the waterfalls was a perfect way to start the day. We were lucky to have the whole setting to ourselves the first day, and got to tour the other cabins as well. We'd love to go back with a few other couples, or our kids, and rent cabin #'s 1 - 3, all in a row, all small and just what you need. Cabins 4-5 can accomodate larger parties, but were too much like regular houses for our taste. Truly a unique and "back to basics" get-away.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2009

We were looking for a quiet, serene get-away weekend and we wanted to bring along our newly adopted dog. We found Babbling Brook Cottages and what a find it was! The owner was very helpful from the very beginning. The cottage was better than described and one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. The pretty gas woodstove warmed us the first evening. Then the temperatures soared - high 80's! The ceiling fans gave us all the cooling we needed thanks to all the Hemlock trees and the nearby falls. We opened the bedroom windows the second night and could actually hear the waterfalls in the distance. What a lullabye!
We visited the falls several times each day. They heal the soul - and the dog thought she went to heaven! Can't beat that combo. We made good use of the full kitchen, but there are also places to eat just a mile or so away. The Forklift Cafe was awesome for breakfast and lunch - and may be doing dinners. Milford is just 8 miles or so up the road and has several good restaurants.
We hope we can arrange a Fall get away - at Babbling Brook Cottages.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandybeaches23
Reviewed 24 October 2008

This place is absolutely awesome and Patricia the owner/hostess is the best.Our stay was during peak color and the woods and falls were very beautiful.We stayed in cottage #3 which was very clean and we felt that since Patricia works so hard and is very gracious we tried to leave the cottage the way we found it.I can't see how anyone who ever stays here can be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 August 2008

We had a fabulous stay at Babbling Brook cottages with our two young daughters. We stayed in Cottage #3 and it was the perfect size for us. The cottage was nicely furnished and decorated, spic and span! It was great having a fully equipped kitchen which helped us keep costs down because we could prepare most of our own meals. Childs National Park is a short walk from the BB property, we walked there several times a day (every day!) and fully enjoyed the trails and the beautiful waterfalls. It was like an undiscovered wonder! Patricia was always friendly and helpful, even before we arrived. I would recommend Babbling Brook cottages to anyone! A wonderful family getaway for us.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dingmans Ferry
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Babbling Brook Cottages? Share your experiences!