“Not so rough, roughing it.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingmans Ferry
Babbling Brook Cottages
new jersey
“Not so rough, roughing it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

These are back woods cabins next to a national park. No A/C, no telephone, no wifi, no cell coverage. All good things in my opinion.

We stayed in cabin #1, which was tight for a family of 4, but it worked. One nice feature of the cabin was a queen sized bed and a double, ususally you just get 2 doubles. The queen helps make it tolerable for the adults, and let the 4 of us stay in the cabin.

Since we live in the NY metro area we never see stars at night, here you could, it was lovely. This is about as close to camping as i could get my wife to go, and for our family it worked. The walk to the waterfalls was steep, but short, and the kids loved them.

We would happily comeback.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank screennameNewJersey

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Newville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

I had a reunion with an old friend here, in cottage #1. The park and waterfalls were beautiful and the proximity to them was very nice, the cottage was very cute but was very overpriced. Especially, for a place with no kitchen sink, fridge was so small that it had a problem cooling our things, no counter top to prepare anything. Some of the dishes were noticeably dirty - we only used utensils and some of them were caked with grease from someone else so we had to wash them first. The sheets were so old that they were thin and didn't stay on the bed, also they were wrinkled, looked like no one changed them. The shower was so small and the head so high that at its lowest setting it hit me in the chin. . .(I'm 5'3"). There was a missing knob for the attic fan, and last but not least there was no lock of any kind on the door, not even a latch! The owner said to not worry about it and they had never had a problem. We were very close to the highway and so the road was somewhat noisy. We didn't think it a good value. I think we could have stayed at Hampton Inn for less and I wouldn't have had to worry about my things while we were gone, or about sleeping in an unclean bed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank wendydarling17240
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

My husband and I came to celebrate my 30th birthday. We stated at cottage #1 which had everything that we needed. The garden was beautiful and the short trip to the waterfalls was unforgettable. The owner was very nice and helpfull.
This is the place to come if you are looking for a romantic weekend just outside of NY.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonyStav
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

My daughter just graduated from college and we wanted a vacation that was not only restful but where we could enjoy the outdoors in the Poconos. We found the perfect spot at Babbling Brook Cottages. Our cottage was just so cozy and clean. Pat the owner added her own personal touch to our visit. She decorated the cottage with congratulatory banners and other decorations. She even had a bottle of wine and a cake in honor of my daughter's graduation! It was just so festive. Being so close to George Childs National Park was wonderful. It was so nice to be within walking distance. Walking to the park and enjoying the waterfalls is a wonderful way to begin or end your day. We went to several other places that were close by such as Bushkill Falls, Kittatinny Canoes, and enjoyed the town of Milford. We really enjoyed retreating to our cottage in the woods after a busy day. Pat and her staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank catlady1010
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

Unlike the other reviewers, we are not on a vacation. We live in Dingmans Ferry and had severe water damage to our house in March. We had to find a place to stay while repairs were being made, and unfortunately, they are taking much longer than expected. We could not have found a better place to stay. Pat has worked with us and extended our stay when needed. She has been in contact with our insurance company and made all arrangements for payment from them, The best part is that our dog was also welcome to stay with us. Pat and her staff are friendly and always available for any need you may have. The grounds are beautiful and the cottage is very clean. It is truly our home away from home. If you do decide to stay here, do not miss seeing Child's Park Water Falls. In my opinion, they are the most beautiful falls around. The cottages are great for a relaxing, nature filled vacation. Rabbits and deer abound and if you are lucky you will get a glance of the bear.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank pondlily313
Manville, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

My husband and I have been guests of Babbling Brook Cottages for almost 14 years. We have actually stayed in each of the the cottages during different times of the year. Each cottage has it's own charming personality, is very clean, and always provides us exactly what we need. Patricia, the owner, truly treats her guests like family. If you need time for yourself, or yourselves, you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NJGordon
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

It was our first time staying at this place and we stayed for three nights. We liked the location. It's quiet and near the waterfall, but there weren't many activities near by. We drove about 45 mins to 1 hours to get places.
I was disappointed how unclean the dishes were. Before we booked the cottage #2, the owner really emphasized her cleanliness. I really thought I could use her kitchenware, but all (every single of them) the mugs had coffee stains (it was brown stain so I assume it's coffee stain) and forks and spatula had yucky food leftover. When I opened the bottom drawer in the kitchen, I found a mouse sitting right on it. When I saw the first one, I just ignored. After all I'm in the woods. But that morning I saw three of them hanging around the cottage. They don't even run away. That night I found the dead one next to the bed. I called the owner and she talked me about an hour how they usually get in and it was irrelevant because she was talking about people who stayed before us.

It was nice trip, but with the same price, I would've gone to a resort. We were actually considering one and it was lower price.

Bring your own silverware and dishes!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,984 reviews
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to Babbling Brook Cottages? Share your experiences!