“Don't bring your child but do b.y.o.b.”

Out of the Fire Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Donegal
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Out of the Fire Cafe is a family owned and operated casual restaurant serving New American cuisine year round. We have been creating flavors amidst laughter and friends since the year 2007. The Cafe is tucked into the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania, conveniently located near area ski resorts, Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob, numerous state parks, and the rushing Pennsylvania Turnpike. Out of the Fire Cafe welcomes guests with an open kitchen where guests are able to peer into a mesmerizing scene of flashing flames and artistic finesse. The spacious dining area is complimented by an incredible view of the Laurel Highlands ridgeline. Deck dining is offered when the weather permits giving diners the opportunity to take in the rolling countryside. We are a Bring Your Own Beer or Wine establishment so don't forget to snag your beverage of choice. For a reservation please call the phone number listed below.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything we'd heard or read about this restaurant pointed to a wonderful dining experience...well. Not wonderful exactly - but too bad either. The place was packed and we were seated next to a HUGE table filled with a drunken bachelorette party. Pretty entertaining but kind of a distraction. Did I mention, you need to bring your own liquor? Well, these ladies certainly did!!

A tip to the servers: PLEASE, if there are children present, get the food out quickly. A kid needs food. So do adults of course.We waited for over an hour before being served, while others who arrived later than us were served quickly. Also, FYI: a bone in pork chop is NOT hard to find or get. In fact, its incredibly common (and juicier than a boneless one).

The food was adequate but overpriced. My father in-law was disappointed in the seafood linguini, it being mostly linguini (only 3 shrimp and 2 scallops); my steak was incredible - on one end; the other end was overcooked. My son's dinner was absolutely incredible: salmon and mac 'n' cheese.

As the ladies wobbled out finally, we got our check and I noticed that pretty much everyone had left the place....after about 2 1/2 hours. There's not a lot of fine dining in the part of PA - so if you're looking for a high-end meal, this is one. For me, I'd rather go cheaper - there are a lot of down-home places around (see my other review) and you won't break the bank.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had an absolutely delicious meal at Out of the Fire Cafe! All of us had the steak filet which melted in our mouths. Everything we got tasted extra special. The sauces used were perfect. We tried the salmon appetizer and it did not disappoint! We also had some of their famous mushroom soup which was very good also. It was nice to find a restaurant like this so close to home.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Everything we ordered was delicious! The roasted mushroom soup, I ordered lamb, my husband ordered a steak, everything was top shelf. yum! Beautiful, rustic setting. Reservations are a must for the weekends... we tried on several occasions to eat there without, we finally remembered to make some and were not disappointed.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had dinner with six other people and tried a wide range of items from the menu. Everything was mind blowing except the steak. It was cooked properly but just not a good cut of beef. The scallops, halibut, mussels, grilled water melon, mushroom soup, smoked salmon- were so good and so perfectly done I kept repeating I can't believe I am in the middle of PA and not in some urban hotbed of foodies.

I found their blob policy odd. Instead of a cork fee- they charged $3 per wine drinker... Which ended up being cheaper for us than the BYOb around where we live($10 a cork)-

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place was recommended to us by the Duty Manager at our hotel (the Holiday Inn) and she was absolutely right. Great food and great service. We brought our own wine (there's a decent shop at the bottom of the hill where you can get something). The restaurant has only just started opening on a Tuesday and you can see why - it was so busy and it's clearly a very popular place with the locals. Easily the best restaurant in the area.