“Homemade baked goods like gramdma would make!”
Review of Country Pie Shoppe

Country Pie Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Donegal
Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
“Homemade baked goods like gramdma would make!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This bakery is the best by far~not like others that use canned fillings and premade crusts. The fillings are real creamy custards, creamy icings and tasty dough. This place offers so many baked goods that it takes a few minutes to decide what you want. It's an easy drive, country setting and a cute country shop attached to it. A must for all weekend travelers and homestyle baked goods lovers!!

Visited April 2014

Pittsburgh, PA
“Excellent baked goods”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've been buying baked goods at this shop for years and years. And I've NEVER had a "bad" anything. I've bought apple, blueberry, peach, and lemon pies numerous times. Brownies (yummy, yummy) and cookies. Cupcakes. Pecan bread and cinnamon bread. Maple rolls. Dinner breads and rolls. And my favorite, Apple Dumplings. Everything I've ever purchased here has been excellent.

I stop here year round on my way to spend weekends with family members. They know when I arrive I will be carrying boxes of baked goods. Everyone has a favorite something from here.
If I showed up without three different kinds of brownies (regular, with nuts on top, and peanut butter) I think my grandchildren would disown me!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank BellaPittsburgh94
Richmond, Virginia
“So nice, we stopped here twice!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stopped in to this small place which features baked goods and has coffee and a few other drinks too. We enjoyed everything we tried, including pie, and bought more yeast rolls for home!

• Visited October 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“Excellent bakery”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stopped on our way to the turnpike and such a wonderful discovery. Donuts were huge, fresh and not overly sugary. Also picked up a loaf of cinnamon bread, english muffin bread and some dinner rolls, all of which were excellent

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Suzanne H
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Worst pie EVER”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Sherri Carson

I don't get it.....after seeing all the signs and reading the good reviews we stopped here and took home a delicious-looking apple pie. YUCK!!!! The absolute worst tasting pie ever! No seasoning in this one....no spice, no sugar, no juice.....just BLAND apples in a beautiful crust. Maybe I picked out a pie that missed that step of construction. The family actually joked about how bad this was. That was $10.95 that I literally threw away!

• Visited July 2013