“Horrible service”

Add it.
Kelsey O'shay's
Ranked #10 of 32 Restaurants in Douglassville
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Sat at bar for 45 minutes while waitress complained loudly about being frustrated with the power constantely going out. When it finally came back she needed to walk around the entire place to try and get all the TVs back on before waiting on the 2 patrons at the bar. Could not get eye contact once in 45 minutes to get my to go order.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Went in for lunch with an open mind, but left feeling it could be so much better. Looked at menu before going and was intent on beef brisket. Upon ordering found out they ran out night before, but not end of the world. My wife ordered a prime rib sandwich and I got a roasted pork. Mine was very tasty, if a little skimpy, but nothing compared to my wife's. For $10 hers looked liked the scrapings of minute pieces of meat that would fit on a hamburger flipper with a piece of smoked gouda. Not much taste either. If it wasn't for the large quantity of home made chips you would be leaving hungry. Our server was great. The place is clean and attractive. But you don't get much for the money. We can't recommend.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I often passed this restaurant when driving from hither to yon as it is on a lonely stretch of route 724 outside Pottstown. My husband and I stopped by for lunch and, well, we should have kept on driving.

The pros: despite the dozen big-screen TVs, the rock music is the only thing you hear, so there is not such a cacophony that precludes conversation. Also, our server was very nice and knowledgeable about the many beers on hand. Also, there were many beers on hand.

The cons: the food. We tried the Irish mashed potato ring with some sort of beef stew or other inside. Not impressive - it had bits of hamburger and roast and was thin and meager. It tasted okay, but not worth the $14. Also, the seafood bisque looked thick and yummy but had almost no seafood and too, too much green pepper and pimento.
Sweet pepper bisque is more like it.

As a restaurant is about food and atmosphere and value for money, Kelsey is found lacking so it only earns 2 stars. We won't be back.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We've visited Kelsey O'Shay's when they first opened and while the food was very good, the service was terrible. We've visited a few times since in order to give them a fair shake and while the food remains very good, the service is inconsistent. I also think the prices are a bit high for what you get. It's a nice atmosphere and a great place to visit with friends.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Visited this restaurant for the first time this past Thursday. There were 6 of us and everyone enjoyed their lunch. Our server was very good, had a great smile, and knew the menu well. I couldn't decide between the Beef BBQ sandwich, and the Pork BBQ Sandwich, so, I ordered both....both were very tasty, and packed with meat, but the nod goes to the Pork because it was more moist.....The Beef was tasty, but needed to be a bit more moist....but, it wasn't bad. The chips that came with them looked home made and I believe they may have been made from sweet potatoes....at any rate, they were very good, as were the pickle spears....nice and cold, and a nice snap. Two of my friends had the Cuban Sandwich and they both said they were very, very good. Two friends each had a chef's salad, and they were huge, and all the veggies were very fresh. Another member of our group had a craving for bangers and mashed, so that's what he went with.....again...no complaints and he really enjoyed them....it was a nice sized platter, too. We also split a couple orders of their chicken wings, and they were among the best I've had in some time....made fresh, served hot, and the BBQ and Honey Mustard sauces were great!. There's plenty of parking, and the rest rooms are clean.....the front bar area is kind of dingy and dark, but just continue through to the dining room....it's very large with a cathedral ceiling, big screen TV's, and a pool table as well as darts. There's also a beautiful outdoor dining/drinking pavilion for your enjoyment. We chose to eat inside and take advantage of the air conditioning.....We'll be back for sure....Just an FYI....Main Street in Douglassville, is RT. 724.