“Not worth it if you are looking for something romantic”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hargrave House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doylestown
Hargrave House
Ranked #2 of 4 Doylestown B&B and Inns
Vineland, New Jersey
“Not worth it if you are looking for something romantic”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

My husband and I went to this inn for valentines day. I was very excited because we had been to Doylestown before to go to this Bar that we love that has great steaks and even better beer! Last time we went we stayed far from the Bar and had to be very careful what we had to drink so that one of us could drive back. This time the Inn was right around the corner and we could walk.

Well...I am glad that I had a few cocktails before getting back to the room. If not I would not have found this so funny. The firepalce that they advertise is a weird gas stove with little strips of paper blowing to create the illusion of fire (lame). Then the Hot tub in our room that I was very excited about only had enough hot water to fill about a quarter of the way...then it ran out and we could only get the cold to work. So much for a romantic evening! I do have to say that i love their pillows. They are some of the best I have ever slept on! But other then that...the place was awful. No one was around to help us with anything and we went down to breakfast at 8am and could not find anyone so we just decided to leave.

All in all I am glad that I went...but not so much because this place was good...because I had an extreamly romantic walk in the rain back to the room with my husband, and we now have a really funny story to tell our friends about the room.

Hope this help you! But I would not go back...

Amanda

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mandaspike
HargraveHouse, Manager at Hargrave House, responded to this review, 25 August 2010
Person posting this review did not stay at Hargrave House within the past two years.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 3 January 2009

The Old Hargrave House just opened after Christmas 2008. It was the 1814 House, but now it's under new management and much more than the name has changed: new furniture, new innkeeper etc.

It is smack in the middle of Doylestown, very conveniently located to all the restaurants etc. I stayed for a few days by myself and then my significant other joined me. Lorna, the innkeeper, was so warm and welcoming. She helped me get situated very quickly, showed me the inn and gave me a glass of sherry to help warm me up. Breakfasts were nicely laid out and delicious. The B & B is impeccably clean. The room I stayed in had an electric fireplace with a fan to warm up the room (you can switch this on and off) and a whirlpool bathtub. The suite was large and very quiet (#6),

The inn staff and management were very accomodating. Since they just opened up, they are still working on improving some things such as more books on shelves and other small details of a B & B. Any absences didn't bother me, I enjoyed my stay a lot and so did my significant other.

• Liked — quiet, large suites w fireplace, whirlpool, clean, location
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Oliveseeker
NYC
Reviewed 5 October 2007

Everything about this B&B was wonderful. My room was the Mead Suite. It has a high four-poster canopy bed, a chaise longue in front of the fireplace, a jacuzzi, and a handy sink and fridge in the room. The bedroom and bathroom were immaculately clean. High-speed wifi is free.

Jeannine, the proprietor, is so nice. I arrived late, so over the cell phone she showed me how to open the lock box and retrieve my room key. Homemade cookies and muffins were available 24/7 in the second room pantry. The breakfast was delicious. It was served in the ground floor tearoom, and you can select from a full menu. The cook cooked breakfast to order every morning. I liked this plan much more than standard B&Bs, where you can choose only between option #1 and option #2. The cook was also very accommodating to me. When she heard that I needed to leave at 8 am on my second day, she came early and cooked me breakfast.

The inn is located very centrally in the cute town of Doylestown. Just up the street are an independent used CD shop and an independent bookstore. There are also some wonderful restaurants in Doylestown, especially Honey.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Service, location, room amenities
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NycLibrarian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doylestown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope

Been to Hargrave House? Share your experiences!