“Gem in Bucks county”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doylestown
Highland Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Doylestown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We went to Doylestown for a quick weekend and had been given the name of this B&B. The property is very cute and convenient to town. We stayed in Oscar Hammerstein's own bedroom which also had its own private bath. The bed was very comfortable and we really enjoyed this B&B. There is a lot of charm and breakfast was fabulous. We also enjoyed meeting and chatting with the innkeeper.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a private bathroom and I would opt for the attached bathroom(South Pacific room)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Highland Farm Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed at Highland Farms for weekend visit to Doylestown. The location was convenient. It was in residential area close to center of town. The room was pleasant, the bed comfortable. Only queen sized beds were available. The breakfast was very good. We would stay there again .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KHA8
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We opted to stay at Highland Farms because of its clear connection to Oscar Hammerstein, one of my lifelong heroes. Christine Cole was very welcoming and accomodating. Our room was large and nicely done, and the breakfasts were beautifully served and delicious. Great location within the residences of Doylestown, set on a gorgeous piece of property, it was a real treat to stay where musical theater history was literally written!

Room Tip: two rooms are on the second floor, South Pacific and King and I. The other two rooms are up an addi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Several weeks ago, my wife and I made reservations at Highland Farm B& for a week of togetherness with my brother and his wife. We really looked forward to spending time at Highland Farm after reading the many laudatory reviews posted by clients. Well, as it turned out, we had to cancel. Not because we changed our minds about meeting in Doylestown, but because the innkeeper at Highland Farm apparently thought nothing of departing for a couple of days without having anyone covering phone or internet communications in her absence. We had been following weather reports in the Philadelphia area and heard of much flooding and other storm problems, so we thought it best to call to see if all was well in the Doylestown area. For two days we called repeatedly and left messages asking for a return call. We also sent several emails asking for reports of weather conditions. Nothing. The crickets chirped.
Finally, we realized that perhaps there was a serious problem with Highland Farm and called to leave a message that we were cancelling our reservation. Then, the innkeeper finally responded with a lame excuse that she had been up in Connecticut for the past 24 hours and didn't know we were trying to contact her. If this is what passes for hospitality in Doylestown, spare me. When you are in the business of running a B& and you have to leave the area on personal or business affairs, is it asking too much to have someone cover the phone and the internet? I don't think I want to do business with someone with so little consideration for potential clients. We made other arrangements and will stay in the Doylestown area as originally planned, but we'll be some distance away from Highland Farm, thank you very much.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OBXhawkeye
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This place is outstanding. It is extremely well kept and well decorated. The breakfasts were delicious. The rooms are beautiful. I highly recommend spending some time looking around the property, and around the house. If you don't know who Oscar Hammerstein is, take this opprotunity to learn about him. Take some time to swim in the pool. Honestly, we never needed to leave the property to enjoy our trip. This place is great and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: These rooms don't have a TV in them (there's one in the sitting room though). Honestly, I...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have stayed at this charming B&B in Doylestown several times and have never been disappointed. This is the house that Oscar Hammerstein lived in, and his memories are throughout the inn. There are several room options, some of which have their own bath and some share a hallway bath. The rooms are nicely appointed, can be seen on the website. You are treated to a delicious breakfast by Christina, the owner/innkeeper who is so very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this B&B if you are staying in the Doylestown area.

Room Tip: I would recommend the South Pacific room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ghharriman
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband, mother and I are all music lovers and were looking forward to staying at Oscar Hammerstein's house, unfortunately we didn't get that chance. I had booked the Oklahoma suite months ago for a long weekend. We arrived on Friday afternoon at our scheduled time of 3pm, knocked on the doors and walked around the grounds for about 15 minutes until someone finally came to the door. We were told that the power was out and that they didn't know when it would be restored and that we would need to find other accommodations.

Now I understand that you can't control the power being out. BUT...
1. I have given my cell phone # when the reservation was made and would of loved to get a phone call about the situation.
2. If for some reason my contact information was only on a computer which couldn't be accessed because of the electricity, it would have been nice if someone was waiting for us at our scheduled time to tell us of the situation.
3. It would have also been nice if the person that greeted us acted like they even cared that we now had no where to stay , or perhaps had tried to give us some ideas of other possible locations.

I spent hours researching and looking for a place to stay in this area and had settled on this B&B. Now I was forced to scramble and use my phone to find other accommodations at the last minute. Fortunately we found a hotel that worked out better for us.

I can't recommend the B&B because we didn't get a chance to stay there. It might be lovely but I would suggest they work on their customer service for the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank cobblers_wife
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doylestown
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
The Washington House Hotel
The Washington House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sellersville

Been to Highland Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!