“Excellent Italian Cuisine”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat and had no place in mind. I thought about the Italian restaurant in the "strip center" and said, "let's check it out".

THE FOOD WAS INCREDIBLE! FYI it's BYOB. We both had cream of mushroom soup which we loved. My red snapper was done to perfection as was the spinach, however, I am never keen on a gob of whipped potatoes. It always looks like an excuse to fill a plate. That's just my opinion. My wife had lobster ravioli that she gushed over every time she took a bite. We finished with two cappuccinos and a wonderful creme brulee topped with fruit. The cost for two at $97 (a coke, iced tea, red snapper ($30), lobster ravioli ($26), two cappuccinos and a creme brulee) was on the high end, but definitely worth it.

My only complaint was the noice. The restaurant Is long and narrow and has no drapes or upholstery to deaden the noice. It was bearable at 7 pm when we arrived, but by 8:30 or so when we left it was very loud. Service was good, but I would have liked to see a smile on our server's face.

All-in-all, I would definitely recommend il Melograno and plan on going back.

2  Thank dtownchuck

Reviewed 27 November 2013

don`t be fooled by it`s location in a strip mall. this was the best swordfish i ever had.i don`t know how they do it but it was fantastic. the octopus appetizer was equally good. authentic italian food (the owner chef is from italy) worth going even if you come from far away. doylestown is a charming old time town.byob

2  Thank lekerm
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Table for 6 and we all loved the food!! Friendly service. Atmosphere was relaxing with nice lighting. You didn't feel hurried and food came right on time. The desserts were a bit pricey. Would go again!

1  Thank lorenjune
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Food prepared with great care and unparalleled service. Chef owner specializes in lobster bisque - great seafood and puttanesca sauce
recently went BYOB to really make it a great value - special occasion date place - always quiet

1  Thank tom k
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A real gem tucked away in the shopping center by Weiss's market. I have eaten here several times and NEVER have been disappointed. The calamari is absolutely the best!!! A varied menu allows all diners to find a perfect choice. The portions are so large that there is always enough left-overs for a pleasant lunch/dinner the next day. I had a swordfish with an olive, caper and tomato sauce, serve with roasted potatoes and spinach. What I really enjoy is that the menu is not the usual pastas and chicken parms, typical at most Italian restaurants. The service was outstanding. Nicely paced to enjoy your meal, but attentive enough that we wanted for nothing. A really professional staff. Small restaurant with large tastes and value. By the way it is a BYOB. Il Melograno is really our go to restaurant for both ourselves and quests. Do not miss!!!

3  Thank John C