“Same menu as 86 West - quieter atmosphere ”
Review of Knight House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Knight House
Ranked #86 of 142 Restaurants in Doylestown
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Knight House experienced a small fire and is currently closed. Please visit us next door at 86 West for the same menu and Doylestown's best happy hour! Our outdoor bar will still be open and rocking!
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

If you love the food at 86 West but want a quieter, more peaceful atmosphere, then this is the place for you.
Best calamari I have ever had. The rolls here are ridiculous. So many incredible, yummy choices. Godzilla Roll is our favorite.
This is one of my favorite restaurants in Bucks County.

Tom F, Owner at Knight House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thanks so much for your comment! We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again.

Doug Bishop
VP Operations

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Food was excellent, service very good, just a bit pricey for the whole package. Overall, very good though.

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I have lunch here. The menu is quite extensive and has a great emphasis on seafood. I have the dragon roll which was excellent. One of my guests to had the seaweed salad which was presented very well and came with avocado and fresh seafood. The other guest have a Cobb salad which also was presented very well. I started with edamame which was seasoned perfectly and prepared very well. The other two guest at the seafood bisque and they were very happy with it. Sevice was very good and presentation was excellent. The prices were very reasonable for the quality.

1  Thank Ken P
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I ventured into the Knight House, as its sister restaurant, 86 West, was packed. 86 West is usually hopping, but we found we had a long wait for a table and saw a bit of a crowd at at the bar. So we went next door to the Knight House, and found two seats at the bar. (We were lucky, as the bar is small and can only seat 7 to 8 people.) We enjoyed happy hour pricing on our drinks, and each had an appetizer. I had the seafodd bisque, was was warm, rich, and very very good. My husband had the braised short ribs - the meat was tender and still juicy, and served over mashed potatoes (which he devoured). It never got too crowded nor too loud - a welcome change from its noisy sister. I'm glad we have these two choices, so we can go where our mood (and feet ) can stand it!

1  Thank Dtownkim
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have eaten here on a few occasions and have found the food to be of amble portions and tasty. It is solid tavern-style food that is not unique. The atmosphere is pleasant and the staff is helpful, but seem to not be on their "game" with timing of food delivery to the table from the kitchen. They seem to be under staffed which may account for the irregular service. The upstairs can be crowded and noisy at times. Their happy hours out in the court yard in the summer time are a fun venue.