“Not worth the convenience”
Review of Gross Gourmet Foods - CLOSED

Gross Gourmet Foods
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

This place is a total rip off. They have a lot of nerve selling chicken breasts for the price they do. The sides were good but would not go back as for that money there are many places I could go to get a good meal in Doylestown.

2  Thank Weekender1065

Reviewed 6 March 2013

This has by far the best fried chicken around, although they're known for they're fried chicken their ribs and chicken salad is to die for. Not only is the food amazing but the service is remarkable, all so friendly and generous. The owners Andy and Leslie sure know how to run a business!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

My team loves their chicken salad or buffalo spicy chicken salad sandwiches. There is lots of may in their chicken salad which makes it taste good (but off my diet). they have baked as well as fried chicken parts which makes for a great lunch to a great dinner for the family on the run

Reviewed 1 March 2013

First experience with Gross':
Stopped in to get lunch (sandwich, potato salad, chips) - got up to the checkout and my total was $9-something - they wouldn't let me use my visa check card unless the order was over $10.00. I had no cash on me so I ended up leaving without lunch and going to wawa. Told myself I'd never go there again...

Fast forward several months to tonight:
Decided to give them another try. Ordered 2 chicken breasts, 2 thighs, a small mac n cheese, a cookie and a brownie ($32.00!!?? really??) - Anyway, we get it home and take the chicken out of the bag and the one breast didn't have any breading on the front half of it. The breasts were VERY dry. The breading on the thighs was ridiculously soggy (we live 3 mins away so it wasn't from sitting in the bag for too long). The mac n cheese was weak. Think mushy velveeta and cheese. The cookie and the brownie were actually not too bad.

Called Gross' to complain about the food and the kid on the phone was like "oh uhhh sorry" and that was it.

The owners really need to step it up and take a little pride in their business. The nice new location and decor will only get you so far.

NEVER EVER AGAIN.

6  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 1 March 2013

First of all, I don't know where they are getting these giant sized chicken breasts from but somebody has to tell them that just because it's 3x the size of a normal breast doesn't make it better, and doesn't mean you can charge as if your selling a whole bird. Incredibly dry, and 3/4 of it had no breading! Mac and cheese had no flavor what so ever. We gave this place two chances and were disappointed both times. I noticed a lot of negative reviews about this place. It's only a matter of time they close the doors and someone else with passion and a sense of real gourmet cooking move in.

7  Thank JohnPaul K