“Always a good meal”

Ranked #34 of 138 Restaurants in Doylestown
Austin, Texas
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I worked in Doylestown and often ordered take-out at Lily's. The menu changes daily and there is always plenty to choose from. Always had a good meal there.

“Come back”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I have been going to Lilly's for many years now.
It is located in the heart of historic doylestown, pa and is a very popular place
To eat with the many choices that you might have in this bustling town.
It is located across the street from the historic courthouse and if one is there all you
Would have to do is walk across the street as parking is a problem in this town.
Lilly's in a small place and the first thing you notice when you walk in is
The smell of the freshly made sandwiches.
The menu has extensive variety and have eclectic names for all of the sandwiches.
There will be something for everyone's taste on the menu.
You may have to wait a little while as they are always busy.
Small place, cozy, not a lot of tables or chairs but is a real landmark in this town.
If you are ever in doylestown, come give it a try, all you will get is a good sandwich for lunch, what could beat that?

• Visited June 2012
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Prepare to wait for almost an hour for lunch”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Over-priced; food was average. During the week if you are going for lunch prepare to wait forever. Service was terrible and we saw many tables waiting an eternity for their food. We finally had to ask for ours "to go" because one of the people in our party had to go back to work. I will not be returning.

Visited May 2012
Medford, New Jersey
“Fuel for Furniture Shopping”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I stopped in Doylestown for a bite on a recent Saturday afternoon. We loved the Main Street and the number of shops and restaurant choices here and decided to grab a sandwich in Lilly's. You enter Lilly's and are presented with a number of chalk boards with menu items and a deli style display case of prepared foods. I agree with other reviews that have commented on the confusing nature of the menu boards and also would add that the staff doesn't do the best job welcoming people into the store and asking for your order. We showed up around 2 after the lunchtime crowd so think the place could be more inviting. We ordered 2 sandwiches that were reasonably priced and very tasty. The first sandwich we ordered was the Paul Cezanne which Was a grilled cheese of Provolone, Swiss, and cheddar with bacon on a Pumpkin seed sourdough. The sandwich was a little dry and the cranberry mayo really didn't play a starring role in the sandwich. The second sandwich we ordered Was the Ranulph Bye with chunky tuna salad, smoked Gouda, on the pumpkin sourdough. The sandwich was piled high with greens but could have used more chicken salad. We enjoyed the food and would eat here again.

• Visited September 2012
Clinton, New Jersey
“Excellent food at surprisingly reasonable prices.”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Ate lunch here this weekend because of the good reviews listed here. The seating is a bit cramped so I wouldn't recommend it if you have a stroller or have a lot of people in your party to seat. I found the place a bit confusing. There are big blackboards with very detailed listings of sandwiches which seemed a bit overwhelming for a first timer. Usually, blackboards are for specials, so we weren't sure of what the deal was. We picked up a menu rolled up in a scroll (very annoying to try to read off of a curled paper!) and realized everything that was on the menu is on the blackboards and another blackboard listed a soup of the day. I think there were 3 blackboards. I really didn't like having to stand there to figure all of this out. When you give your order, be prepared to pay as they ring everything up as you speak. Didn't like that either. I ordered a turkey sandwich with a cranberry cornbread dressing w/spinach & a pecan mayo. I changed the bread from a sour dough to a multigrain toast and it was absolutely delicious. My friend had a generous salad of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, sliced mozzarella, grilled asparagus, & fresh grated cheese on top w/dressing on the side. It also came w/a slice of pumpkin seed bread-unusual & delicious. The prices are extremely reasonable - I'd say approximately $6.50 to $7.95 for most everything on the menu. The quality of the food, the creative combinations, and reasonable prices would make me come again & again. One other thing that annoyed me was the young lady at the cash register. She kept calling me HONEY which was totally inappropriate as I could be her mother. "What can I get you, honey? Thank you for your order, honey. We'll call your name when your sandwiches are ready, honey.".....Why aren't owners aware how their staff speak to customers? Despite a few negatives, I would gladly return but I'd be better prepared of what to expect.

• Visited August 2012