“Well Above Average Italian Deli”

Altomonte's Italian Market
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you enjoy cooking Italian food and live in Bucks County, look no further than Altomonte's deli to find everything you need. Everything is fresh, the imported items are the real deal, and the staff is always looking to please.

1  Thank Snovello

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a great place to do all of my Italian shopping! Pasta selection is great. Baked goods are fresh. The salads are tasty. The staff is super friendly!! I recently had a quick lunch outside at their 1 table. Chicken salad, pasta salad and tomato pie. The tomato pie is garbage. Dough is way too thick. The sauce is a solid 8 out of 10. Could it be that I'm a Corropolese girl from way back? Possibly.

1  Thank Charlie T
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We decided to branch out from the tomato pie this trip and pick up a few extra things. Salads and desserts were all delicious. Great place to pick up lunch on a Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Last year we moved from Bucks County / Philly to Orlando; a place sorely lacking in GREAT Italian food and more importantly good quality Italian ingredients.

A few weeks back we flew home for the first time since the move and my brother ( probably my sister in law) had the good sense to go to Altomonte's for food for our visit.

Assorted hoagies on good, crunchy, seeded rolls (something lacking in Florida) with all the fixings on the side. (hot peppers!) and tomato pie the perfect fix.

What a great treat for us. Now I just need to see if they'll ship!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

In the middle of a set-back shopping plaza on a bland commercial thoroughfare, this store is pretty Average. Parking is cramped, with lumbering SUVs carefully avoiding each other.

I walked the shelf space, viewed the offerings in the deli/salad counters and gauged the hot takeout fare. I dished into foam boxes a few scoops of grilled potatoes, pasta and sauce. I strolled another loop through, listening to the weekday lunch energy. Business is good. Most of the customers appeared to be regulars.

There were a couple of interesting cheese samples with crunchy bread on a small table near the back. I speared a chunk with a toothpick, chatted with staff, then sauntered to the register. This is a to go deli, as there are no tables or seats. They carry the local papers, a nice small town touch.

Back to the parking tussle, there is more to and fro as there were cars idling for close-in parking spaces.

At the park for Fonthill, the open-to-the-public mansion nearby, (yes, see this quirky attraction) I relished the thought of my lunch from Altomonte's. But, there was no zest, no homemade zing to my choices. After a few uninspiring bites, I placed everything back in the paper bag, never to be touched again, toured Fonthill, and enjoyed the day.