“Night After Knoebels”

Econo Lodge Hazleton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Drums
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We made reservations to stay at this property using reward points. This property is relatively close to the interstate highway to be convenient, but far enough away to be quiet. I found the front office staff to be friendly, and helpful. The exterior of this property looked clean and well maintained. The property is motel style, with parking at your door. The room we stayed in was also clean, and looked like it had been renovated sometime recent. The room was about average sized, with a desk with chair, small armchair, a straight-back wood chair, two beds and a TV cabinet/dresser combo, and a closet area. Breakfast was basic, but sufficient. It included packaged honey buns, mini donut rolls, and small muffins. There was also white and whole wheat bread, butter and jelly (only grape:-( ). There was also three types of cereal, one plain flake (Special K?), Cherrios, and Lucky Charms. For beverages, there was orange juice, milk, coffee (both brewed reg and decaf), hot chocolate, and tea. No fresh fruit :-(. I would definitely stay here again, if I were in the area.

Room Tip: This property has no elevators. If you can't do steps, call ahead and request a ground floor ro...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wmjcameron

Reviewed 23 May 2012

If you are looking for a hotel just to sleep and do not need alot of amenities, then this is great for you. If you are on the first floor, you will hear the heavy footsteps overhead, but for the price, the hotel was relatively comfortable and conveniently located off of I-80.

If you are here, try the Mary's Restaurant next door. It will make your trip worthwhile!

Room Tip: If you want a good night sleep, stay on the 2nd floor to not hear the footsteps.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pegasusmark
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I will never stay at this hotel again. My husband and I came in from Pittsburgh PA. We had reservations but once we got here (2:45am), we were told that they couldn't find our reservations because they had no computer services. They told us that the hotel had been taken over by the bank earlier that day. I was hot. After snapping, the front desk eventually found us a room (3:30am). The room was clean but the decor was old looking and the chair had holes throughout. The upstair guest were so noisy that I couldn't sleep. Well, I finally got a few hours in but when we woke to take a shower, surprise, surprise there wasn't any hot water. So now I'm pissed again. I contacted the front desk (responded quickly) and a man came over. He said that he would have to find us another room (I'm still waiting 2 1/2 hrs now). I just received a call and they found a room but now we have to wait for housekeeping to clean it. This has been one disaster after another. I tried to locate another hotel in the area, but unfortunately, every hotel is booked.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Okay, we stayed there for 2 nights in 2 different rooms, and neither were decent. Don't bother with the breakfast as it was stale. Very poor customer service. The rooms were not in living condition. Decent bathroom, slow internet!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I found the room clean and comfortable, although the furniture was worn. The bed was comfortable, wifi worked great, consistently. Staff was polite and friendly. I'd stasy here, again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank chb4
Reviewed 27 July 2010

After our flight was cancelled out of LGA, we decided to drive home from NYC. After getting a rental car at 11pm and driving 3 hours, we spotted this hotel right off I-80. Tired and ready to sleep, we were able to get a king bed, non-smoking room for 69 bucks. Other hotels we had checked on were $139 and $169 which I was unwilling to pay for 5 1/2 hours of sleep before getting back on the road. There did seem to be a lack of non-smoking rooms, however, in the morning, I overhead they had 20 check-ins after 10:30, so there were more people there than I thought. The bathroom was clean and so was the bed. The carpet and chairs looked like the needed a good scrubbing. The door had a deadbolt, the wi-fi worked and there was a flat panel TV with working cable. It was definitely no frills but worked for our short stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DukeFan91
Reviewed 27 September 2008

Driving thru Poconos and got foggy in a hurry. Saw that this was right off the highway and nothing else nearby so booked it via choicehotels website at 9pm. It only showed 'smoking' rooms left, but when we got there we saw not too many cars in the lot so asked for non-smoking - was told "only smoking left" - like it was sold-out ??. There are 2 buildings each with 24 rooms (2 stories with 6 per side per floor ( 100-106 107-113 etc). I only saw about 5 cars in my building and 3 in the other building. Total = 48 rooms , but no smoking available ? After reading other reviews here, maybe the unused ones were condemned ?

Anyhow, we were in # 208. I THINK the floor in the room was supposed to be blue/green color but tough to tell thru the brown layer of dirt. (We wore shoes to/from bathroom at night.)
TV reception - bring some tin foil or rabbit ears. They HAVE cable but the only channel that was viewable was CNN. All others are wavy/snowy. Played with the coax- didn't help.
Luckily we had our own pillows to use. Thought we'd mention the issues at check-out , but we never were asked " How was everything ?" Having seen the room we skipped the continental breakfast in the lobby and ate at a restaurant next to Rt 80 called Mary's. I couldn't tell all of the omelette options due to the dried coffee stain on the typed menu - but the food looked good so we ordered raisin french toast , and eggs over: good food. Coffee was very good too.
( Apparently detail isn't a big thing on that street.)

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drums
Ramada Hazleton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton
Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena
Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena
#13 of 21 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Econo Lodge Hazleton? Share your experiences!