“Great price”

Econo Lodge Hazleton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Drums
“Great price”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Staff is friendly, room is clean. The price is outstanding, especially if you are on a budget. Good for an overnight stay. I've stayed here before and will be a returning guest in the future.
Close to both major interstates 80 and 81. Restaurants are near by.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rich W
vana v, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hazleton, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Rich,
Thank you very much for coming back to our Hotel,with your positive review.
We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our friendly staff service,&price
value is near your budget.Looking forward to welcoming you again in out Hotel.
--Best regards from manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
Arlington, MA
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stopped here on a trip from Cincinnati, OH to Boston, MA. If I recall correctly, it isn't near anything, so you have to drive if you want to eat, etc.

The front desk woman was very nice and professional, and I had no complaints at all about the room. It amply served its purpose, and was clean.

The only complaint I did have was that the coffee at the Continental Breakfast the next morning was godawful. I'm used to road coffee tasting something like water with brown paper boiled in it, but I couldn't even get this stuff past my nose -- it was that bad. I've never understood this: good coffee is NOT hard to make -- I do it regularly, and if I can do it, anyone can.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

After a busy day of driving I took this exit to eat a bite and sleep. The lady was friendly and got me in my room quickly. The room was clean and comfortable.
There was no desk in this room and.the TV was small but clear. Could have used another pillow but slept fine.
Don't go looking for any stores,food or anything else here after dark as it is a ghost town. If your looking for a deal and just a nights sleep this will do.

• Stayed April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Yes, it's that bad. It's old and dumpy, manager is crazy and unprofessional.

They charged my credit card twice and wouldn't refund the second charge. I'm still trying to get it sorted out.

Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank TequilaMockingbird57

Travellers are raving about these Drums hotels

Nova Scotia
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I booked the hotel through Choice Rewards and received a very good rate for a Saturday evening. Front desk staff were very friendly and made a follow-up call to my room to see if it met my needs.

Room was small, but clean and comfortable. Wifi worked great in the room.

The breakfast was sparce, but for the price I paid I was very pleased with the overall value.

FYI - the hotel is about 3 miles from exit 155 on I-81.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Hazleton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2013

While the rooms aren't as updated as some other places where I've stayed, it does have all the amenities I require while traveling. What always brings me back to this place, though, is the attentive, courteous and always helpful staff. I've called ahead while travelling for business in the wintertime, and I've always arrived to a warm, cozy room. They've always accommodated any special requests I've had. I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike S
mountain top
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year and have yet to have a less than favorable experience. The staff is always friendly and courteous, and are always happy to fufill any needs or requests that i have. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. They have a huge selection of tv channels, as well as the music choice network, which i spend most of my time listening to. One of the best features of this hotel is the location. It is right off of route 309, but it is always quiet and peaceful there. Whenever i need to get away for a night or so, but need to stay local, this hotel is always my first choice.

Room Tip: book through the choice hotels program.