“Nothing special.”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Drums
KANSAS CITY, MO
“Nothing special.”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

When I made my reservations, I requested a room with a king sized bed but was told none were available. I arrived in the early evening and noticed only a couple of cars in the lot. I again requested a room with king sized bed but was told all they had was rooms with two queen beds. Upon entering the room, I observed the room to be clean but plain. The TV was not a flat screen and was small. I did enjoy the view from my room because of the mountains. The hotel is close to the highway but the noise was not loud enough to keep me awake. The bed was very comfortable. Before going to bed, I went to get ice and had to go to a separate floor, I did not see anyone in the hallways. I also had to go get something out of my car and still didn't see anyone.

The next morning I went down to the breakfast bar and was the only one in there. Where are the other guests? This breakfast was not as good as the other Holiday Inn Express Hotels, I've stayed at. The eggs and sausage were cold. I got a glass of orange juice but when I took a drink I had to spit in out in the trash can. It was horrible, it tasted like it had been watered down. I finally had the cinnamon rolls which were good and left. As I was leaving I saw two people enter the breakfast area. I guess there were other guests staying there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level to get a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear EJAEIK,

Thank you for your feedback, and choosing our hotel. Our hotel makes every effort to honor requests, unfortunately there are times when requests are unable to be accommodated due to varying circumstances. I'm sorry the hotel was unable to honor your request and your stay was negatively impacted by the food served. We are always working to be the best we can be and improve on our level of service and products. The feedback we received from our guests, like you will help us to accomplish this.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again and provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Milford
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This nights stay took us a little out of our way but it was very well worth it. Clean, quiet, personable staff especially Jack. Thank you for some much needed humor after 700+ miles and thank you for a very restful night. Oh and there were cookies and fruit, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate available. Wonderful. Will stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rhonda B
Osceola, Indiana
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We were making our way from Indiana to New York when we got caught in a snow storm. I had stayed at this hotel twice before and called to see if they could take a late reservation and they had room for us at the inn!
Upon arrival, the gentlemen behind the counter was very personable and gave us a reasonable rate. We feared we might get charged more for not having a reservation but we received a great rate.
I have never had an issue at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We had horrible service at the Hollywood Diner. Evans Roadhouse was great. The last time we went in...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BaseballTravelerNY
Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This was a good hotel that we stayed at when we went to a wedding. Eventhough it was right nest to the express way we never heard it! Comphy beds and very clean. Only issue we had was the night employee that was working was very rude and unhelpful and we cam in at 10.. The day manager however applogised an appologised and gave us a discount. Other than that I would def suggest staying here.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Very clean rooms and a very friendly staff keeps us coming back time and time again! The complimentary breakfast is great and helps you get the day started! Nestled in the mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania this motel is a real gem! And let's not forget the fresh baked cookies, fruit and snacks they offer guests upon their arrival! We can always expect a warm welcome when we arrive! Thank you HIExpress! We'll be seeing you again soon!!!

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lonerider123
Westville, Indiana
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We were on our way to Jersey City and was needing to find a room @ 8:30pm on Friday night. Unfortunately there was a 100 mile garage sale going on in Pennsylvania and we couldn't find a room anywhere (an antique show as well). We finally got a hold of a Holiday Inn off 80 and she didn't have a room but said to call the one in Drums and they would give you a good deal. We called and they gave us a room at 12:30am that was 200.00 for 80.00. We love you guys and are so happy that you cared that our two children were ready to call mutiny!!! Room Clean, Bathroom Clean and Full Breakfast Wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank acm32068
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for annual family reunion south of Wilkes-Barre. The hotel is located right off I-80 at the intersection of 309. We arrived around 10 pm and checked into our room quickly except for the whining family in front of us that had checked in under another name. The rooms are very large and clean. The temperature set to 59 awaiting us in the room was unnecessary. If they turn the air conditioning up they should be able to reduce the $140 price tag. They provide free wifi although if you are trying to work it's dark if your window on the 2nd floor faces a column like ours. They provide a continental breakfast although they should offer cream cheese. We will stay here again when we run out of room at the lake house.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Westpo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drums
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton? Share your experiences!