“Could not have been happier with my stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Drums
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was incredibly pleased with my recent stay at the HIExpress of Drums-Hazleton. Right from the very start it was easily accessible right off of 80 and I pulled up to the bright blue and green sign overlooking the clean parking lot and exterior of the hotel. We went in and were greeted by the front desk girl (I wish I remembered her name- shorter side with longer blonde hair). She was super nice and informative about all the amenities they offered. I also liked that she was upfront with the fact that there was a wedding group staying at the hotel that evening. She let us know that if there were any issues with noise etc to let her, or whoever is on shift at the time, know and they would do their best to take care of it to make our stay pleasant. Luckily that was not an issue though. After having to take a ride in the elevator briefly with the wedding guests (which made for a funny story later) I didnt have any other run-ins.
We got to our room and it was AMAZING! We had the king suite on the 3rd floor. Everything was clean and up to the standards that the HIExpress brand holds itself to. The next morning we woke up and went down to the breakfast area which was the standard hot fare but we love that standard fare. Its just another thing that sets this chain apart from the competition.
My only complaint is that we were only in town for the weekend and couldnt stay longer. We visit this area regularly now that my boyfriend moved to jersey with me and we come to see his family and friends. My boyfriend, who isnt one to get excited over these things, LOVED this hotel so that says it all.
We will 100% be back!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night after attending a wedding. Check in was fast and the front desk staff friendly. Our room was a good size and the bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels. The complimentary breakfast in the morning also had a nice selection. Overall the hotel was very convenient for our trip and is a nice place for spending a night.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

After weeks of traveling, this was by far the nicest hotel I've stayed at in a long while. It was clean, updated. Staff was friendly, but not sickening sweet. Very quick, helpful, and efficient. Aesthetically pleasing inside and out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel room was clean and updated. The bed linens were above average quality and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean, updated with a great shower head. By far the nicest Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here on business purpose but i had a free day so i drove around and found that i am located in the very middle of a beautiful valley. There are scenic routes all around the Hotel and the Staff is real friendly and showed me some scenic routes to drive around. The Hotel is quality stay for sure

Room Tip: Ask the rooms in the end of the corridor and you could see sun rise in an awesome way
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Not as well appointed as some newer/larger Holiday Inn Expresses..roomy, but no mini-fridge, microwave, or work desk (though the double queen room we stayed in did have two chairs and table). Shower water constantly changes temp without moving control knob…and not a little either…it will go from scalding hot to freezing cold in an instant. This is a safety hazard if you think you're going to have your kid take a shower without constant supervision/temp adjustment. Main living area lacks adequate lighting with just two click lamps. Not sure how there are still hotels that allow smoking inside…while our non-smoking room was fine, the hallways do smell of smoke since there is really no way of preventing those smells from exiting smoking rooms. If arriving around dinnertime…definitely stop to eat beforehand. As other reviews have mentioned, there is really nothing out here at all.

The good? While rooms may lack amenities, they are well kept and clean. Staff was fantastic. Daily housekeeping fantastic. Pretty solid choice for a place to spend a couple nights if you're in town for events at Pocono Raceway…the hotel is right off I-80, so it is an easy 30-min drive right down the interstate to the track. In fact, one of the IndyCar teams and their driver was staying at the hotel…which was kinda cool chatting with them at breakfast. Though secluded…area is pretty safe/secure/quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear SRacer74,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am delighted that you found our location and staff commendable.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the room assigned to you especially with the lighting and shower heater. Your feedback is highly appreciated and rest assured that we will use them to consider upgrading where possible.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope that we get another chance to provide you with a more satisfying stay in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel. While passing thru from Maine to Tennessee . The hotel room was clean and spacious .Hotel was booked up and never heard anybody in hallway or adjacent rooms so the hotel must be well build for noise abatement . The breakfast area was large and plenty of available food. The location from I-81 was a bit tricky coming from the north on I-81. I'd recommend getting off on I-80 and going East 2 miles coming from North or South no matter what your GPS routes you. This is much quicker and safer to this destination.

Room Tip: No problem with any room location because this hotel is away from any major interstate traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drums
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton? Share your experiences!