“New, clean but flimsy construction and expensive for the quality.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Drums
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“New, clean but flimsy construction and expensive for the quality.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The best thing about this hotel is that it only 1 year old. So everything is pretty nice and clean. The breakfast was good because there were some healthy options like skim milk, fresh fruit, plain oatmeal, walnuts to add to the oatmeal as well as more popular options. My biggest complaint is that it is cheaply constructed. I couldn't take a shower because the faucet pulled out of wall when I tried to lift the knob to start the shower. The pipe inside was plastic so it didn't have enough resistance to hold the knob once the faucet pulled off of the wall. I had to take a sponge bath. The bed was hard and obviously cheap. I thought the price was high for the quality especially given where it is located. I haven't stayed in any other hotels in the area so I can't say how it compares but I think it should have only be around $90 per night but it was $130.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear TravelHomemaker,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am glad that the breakfast served suited your expectations and you found the overall ambiance to be good and clean. I regret however if the room condition was not completely up to par. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your comments will help us improve on what we can offer to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Shavertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Before I explain the negative side to this hotel, I would like to say that the free breakfast was amazing, the staff was decently friendly, and the room was spotless! The only thing that I absolutely hated about the hotel is that there is no privacy. My fiance and I heard the man in the room next to ours snoring all night long! The walls are paper thin. God bless you if there are annoying girls out in the hallway because you'll hear every word they're saying!! If the rooms weren't so pricey, the paper thin walls wouldn't be such an issue... But with the not-so-cheap nightly rate, I expected a little more privacy. Almost $200 a night to hear everything going on was not worth it to me.

Sleep Quality
1 Thank Nicole C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Nicole S,

Thank you so much for the feedback provided after your recent stay. I am happy to learn you like our friendly staff and clean room. However, I am sorry for any discomfort you may have experienced caused by the noise levels. I appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our services and accommodations by providing crucial feedback. Management has been notified and proper action has been taken to ensure such situations will be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments which will help us identify areas of improvement. We hope to welcome you back.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was incredibly pleased with my recent stay at the HIExpress of Drums-Hazleton. Right from the very start it was easily accessible right off of 80 and I pulled up to the bright blue and green sign overlooking the clean parking lot and exterior of the hotel. We went in and were greeted by the front desk girl (I wish I remembered her name- shorter side with longer blonde hair). She was super nice and informative about all the amenities they offered. I also liked that she was upfront with the fact that there was a wedding group staying at the hotel that evening. She let us know that if there were any issues with noise etc to let her, or whoever is on shift at the time, know and they would do their best to take care of it to make our stay pleasant. Luckily that was not an issue though. After having to take a ride in the elevator briefly with the wedding guests (which made for a funny story later) I didnt have any other run-ins.
We got to our room and it was AMAZING! We had the king suite on the 3rd floor. Everything was clean and up to the standards that the HIExpress brand holds itself to. The next morning we woke up and went down to the breakfast area which was the standard hot fare but we love that standard fare. Its just another thing that sets this chain apart from the competition.
My only complaint is that we were only in town for the weekend and couldnt stay longer. We visit this area regularly now that my boyfriend moved to jersey with me and we come to see his family and friends. My boyfriend, who isnt one to get excited over these things, LOVED this hotel so that says it all.
We will 100% be back!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night after attending a wedding. Check in was fast and the front desk staff friendly. Our room was a good size and the bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels. The complimentary breakfast in the morning also had a nice selection. Overall the hotel was very convenient for our trip and is a nice place for spending a night.

Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

After weeks of traveling, this was by far the nicest hotel I've stayed at in a long while. It was clean, updated. Staff was friendly, but not sickening sweet. Very quick, helpful, and efficient. Aesthetically pleasing inside and out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel room was clean and updated. The bed linens were above average quality and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean, updated with a great shower head. By far the nicest Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here on business purpose but i had a free day so i drove around and found that i am located in the very middle of a beautiful valley. There are scenic routes all around the Hotel and the Staff is real friendly and showed me some scenic routes to drive around. The Hotel is quality stay for sure

Room Tip: Ask the rooms in the end of the corridor and you could see sun rise in an awesome way