“Sunday Brunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Love the Sunday Brunch, Good selection and usually available till 1:30-2:00 so if you
sleep in or have a late Church service you can still make it.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

At around 9:30 p.m. I pulled off Route 80 for gas and a motel at Exit 97. I was discouraged to find only Arby's near the Exit. I drove a few miles farther looking for something more appetizing, when I saw the bright lights of the DuBois Diner. The place was empty and near closing, but the cheerful staff made me a tasty chef salad to take back to my motel room. While waiting, I could admire the great red and white retro diner decor.

1  Thank barbaracarroll
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I really want to like this place but really not that great. Atmosphere is great however food tastes frozen and not homemade. I expect diner food to be "from scratch" but this isnt. Have had breakfast, lunch and dinner there and it was "ok" but not what I expected. Had the breakfast buffet and there was a lot of grease involved! Tried the roast beef sandwich/mashed potatoes and it did taste like it came from the freezer. It is a fair place to stop but dont expect real diner food.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We were looking for a place to get a bite to eat while in Dubois for the state football semi finals. We noticed the DuBois Diner a short distance from Mansell stadium. The diner sports a red and white 50's retro motif with booths and tables as well as stools and a counter. Some of the sandwiches are named for vintage cars. The place is very clean and the servers helpful. There is a varied menu with sandwiches, dinners,homemade desserts and breakfast served all day. In our party, one person had the New York stuffed french toast which she described as a breakfast sandwich on French Toast. The only miscue was the egg was cooked over easy instead of fried hard as requested which made for a messy sandwich. The home made Cinnamon Roll was served warm with cinnamon sauce-it was a great accompaniment to a good cup of coffee. A variety of burgers are available-one of our group had the standard burger with pepper jack cheese and hand cut fries. He was very pleased. The Pittsburgh style cheese steak and the New York style Roast Beef sandwich were well received as well as the homemade chips and baked beans. The fish sandwich was felt to be a little small but tasted good. The coleslaw was adequate. The Coconut Cream pie was homemade and almost as good as mother's. A variety of ice cream treats are available. I was disappointed they could not make a chocolate ice cream soda listed on the menu as they were out of syrup. But the Cherry Ice Cream Soda was a good substitute. There are also a variety of buffets offered depending on the day of the week and time of day. Unfortunately we did not get to partake. Maybe next time!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were driving from Chicago to NYC and were drawn by the positive reviews. Kids were starving and we were excited to find a good place right off route 80. Shockingly, the place turned out to be a complete disappointment. Food is of cheapest quality. My omelette was not made from real eggs, my daughters burger seriously did not taste like beef and their salad bar looked scarry. Service was OK, the server was too talkative with people at the bar to pay attention to us, she barely remembered to come by and to make things more uncomfortable she was yelled at by some guy, possibly owner, he in a very rude way told her where the door is...not a pleasant place to work...or dine....was hoping for some wholesome pa food....this is definitely not the place

3  Thank bfs330i

Been to DuBois Diner? Share your experiences!