“Excellent”

Fairfield Inn & Suites DuBois
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in DuBois
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a really good stay here.
This hotel is quiet, clean, comfortable, well thought through ........
The staff were friendly and helpful, beds comfortable and the bathroom much better than anything we've seen in this class of hotel. Breakfast was good too.
Plenty of local restaurants/ shops.

Enjoyed it so much we stayed another night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lategapyear

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel. Staff were great ... attentive and very friendly, good customer service. The room was very spacious, nicely decorated and very clean. Free breakfast each morning in a clean and bright 'cafe' area of hotel. The hotel is right off I-80 and there are many restaurants as well as shopping and other services in DuBois. Restaurant (serving lunch and dinner) adjacent to property has same owner as hotel so hotel guests get a 10% discount on meal.

Elk Country Visitor Center and the elk scenic drive are nearby. We picked this hotel as we are Marriott Rewards members and were first timers to PA elk country. Location was central to the adventure we had planned. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel (2 nights) and we will be returning in the fall to observe more elk ... hopefully to see and hear some bulls, and check out other attractions in the area. During this spring trip we saw many Elk cows and calves as we drove through the PA wilds. Don't miss the ECVC if you visit this area of PA.

Room Tip: We stayed in a third floor suite away from the elevator. Room location was very quiet even though w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RestedSister
Reviewed 5 June 2014

On April 12, 2014, I checked into the Fairfield Inn & Suite DuBois at about 1:30 am in the morning and was delighted by a warm and welcoming smile and great customer service from the Front Desk Agent. She recognized that I had been traveling from the Baltimore area and was extremely tired. She wasted no time getting me into the room. The room was perfect, clean and spacious! I was in town for a USFTL 8 Man Flag Football tournament and the location was perfect. I will be staying there next year for sure!

Room Tip: I was at the end of the hall on the second floor and it was peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dcjets2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We needed a hotel off Route 80 between New York City and Cleveland. But which one of the many in this otherwise undistinguished small town ( but we may have missed something). Pleasantly surprised by the size and height of the room. The bed was very comfortable also linens.
Breakfast was good ( and included).
NB I am very fussy!

Room Tip: I don't know about the second floor but the first floor rooms have high ceilings which enhance t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Economistmum
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a very good experience. Check-in was quick and warm. Rooms are very clean, well-kept and the decor is new. Really recommend this hotel to either a sleepover (my case, road tripping) and a short period like a week or so.

Bathroom amenities were good, great beds. Breakfast was also very good, check-out process also quick.

Totally recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: High floor whenever possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank mantolino
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We needed to stop on our journey from the Midwest to the Poconos Mountains. We had picked up a green hotel coupon book at a turnpike rest stop, which had a great coupon for $99 a night (plus taxes) for this beautiful, new hotel right off the freeway. Caution: it is so new, my in-car GPS took me the wrong way off the freeway when I simply entered the address. The hotel has very modern decor (think: wall behind the registration desk pooled in purple light!) and was immaculate. Friendly staff honored our walk-in coupon. Our king room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Hot breakfast is available, but we did not partake. New restaurant serving lunch and dinner a short walk across the parking lot was also a terrific find!

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room and also ask if any potentially noisy groups will be staying.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 206JanF
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am shocked that Hungary (reviewer below me) was unable to check in. I arrived the same day about 12:30 am and was able to check-in. Shrug.

We stayed here for the Penn State graduation and it was an hour drive, but the nice hotel (and reasonable rate) helped soften the blow. The front desk staff was very nice and recommended Luigi's in "downtown" Dubois which was delicious. The hotel breakfast was great and had a good variety: muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt and waffles.

Now my gripe: I stayed in room 325 and a lot of light came through the closed curtains and underneath the door.

Overall great stay, but 2 hours round-trip every day to Penn State is intense. Obviously not their fault though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank YaniraRocks
Also consider these accommodations in or near DuBois
Hampton Inn Dubois
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 10 in DuBois

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites DuBois? Share your experiences!