“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in DuBois
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a newer hotel, so it was clean. The morning breakfast was convenient, but the first morning, they were sorely understaffed, so people had to wait for food to be replenished. The service improved the following days. The fitness room and pool facilities were nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Melissa P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay you had with us. We appreciate the feedback and working on the issues you pointed out. We will continue to work on making our guests' stay as great as it can be. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

First impressions - five stars, no question. Walked into the room and I immediately checked in on Foursquare with a comment "I wish my apartment was this nice!" Very clean, new-ish appliances, wall-mounted flat-screen TV (which rotates every which way - proved useful later) - these guys get it, I thought. Well...looks can be deceiving. Here are the ways these guys cost themselves a perfect score:

- Upon check-in I was thanked for being a Gold member but not offered a welcome gift (either 250 HHonors points or two bottles of water and a snack). I'm not a petty person and I can certainly afford two bottles of Dasani and a package of Milano cookies, but it just felt really odd that Brandon, the guy who checked me in, knew I was a Gold member and called it out but forgot to do the other part. Just the same, the night manager (didn't get her name, a blond girl) gave them to me when I came down to buy a bottle of water.

- This may sound silly, but the main reason I picked this hotel was because the website said it had a basketball court (and a tennis court, but that wasn't as important). It's a nice perk - to be able to shoot hoops after a day at the clients'. This is why I like Residence Inns. Much to my chagrin, when I looked for the basketball court, there was none to be found. Brandon informed me that they had started to lay the foundation for it last summer but it never came to fruition. Well...maybe remove the info from your website so as not to over-promise and under-deliver? Ironically, this was my biggest disappointment...

- ...until the morning, when I came down to the business center to print out some docs. They have two Visio all-in-ones, with touch screens - excellent machines. The problem is that one of them, that had the correct MS Office applications mapped to the appropriate file extensions, wasn't hooked up to a printer. The one that was hooked up to the printer didn't have the appropriate applications mapped, so a .doc file was opened with some rudimentary piece of software which corrupted the fonts and made the document illegible. Also, the touch pad this second computer had didn't function. It's a touch screen, granted, but not everyone is as comfortable as me with using it and some people do need a conventional mouse. Finally, neither computer had Adobe Reader installed - that's just the basics. The manager, Melissa, was nice enough to print my docs out for me, but that's not how it should be. Oh, and the stapler ran out of staples. Like I said - attention to detail isn't these guys' strongest suit.

- The swiveling TV was very useful for catching the "no signal" messages while trying to watch a soccer match from the bed. The weather wasn't bad, the signal in the gym was stellar, so what happened in my room will remain forever a mystery.

On the bright side, the gym is probably the best I've seen in hotels of the $100-150/night variety, there's a pool and hot tub and they have small meals most evenings which is convenient as there isn't really a restaurant within walking distance except a pizza place.

So, all told, I'd stay here again for the rooms if nothing else, but would be wary of these things and potentially others that might crop up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Melissa P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a detailed review for your stay. We appreciate all the feedback you have given us. We are sorry that your welcome gift was not delivered the day of your stay. We are trying to get the website fixed so that this miscommunication of the basketball court is taken care of. We are working our best to get that done as soon as possible. We are working very hard on making that business center the way it should be for our guests to not have any problems. Our goal as a hotel is to make everyone’s experience the best we can. At this time we are working on these issues that you have pointed out to us. This is all a learning tool for our staff and we hope you will stay with us again and give us another chance. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Reach out to me if there is anything at 814-503-8944 or melissa.polaski@hilton.com
Toledo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Brand New hotel, clean and orderly. Mon thru Thurs, they have a Complementary Managers Dinner with free Beer and Wine. The hotel sits on top a hill behind the Walmart, it's kinda of difficult to find if you don't know where you're looking. Once there, it's a great location, next lots of shopping and restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Just like you said, we are just minutes from any shopping and restaurants that DuBois has to offer. We are also located 2 short miles off of I-80. Thank you for taking time to review your stay. We appreciate all the positive feedback you had to say about us. We hope you will return soon!
Spokane, Washington, Usa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've had such good service- thanks to managers Pete and Brandon for all their help with our rooms and for making us comfortable. The dining room staff were also very accommodating. We highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Pete and Brandon really try their best to make everyone here feel at home, as well as the whole staff. It is nice to hear what a great job they did and made that impact on your stay. We love to hear that you recommend us as a place to stay. We hope you will be in DuBois again and choose to stay with us soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

DuBois is about halfway between Chicago and Boston, a drive we make several times a year. So we were delighted to find this new Homewood Suites just off the highway. Everything was clean and fresh; it might be a year old?? The staff were all very pleasant. The breakfast was good. And to top it all, within just a block or two there is a Red Lobster and a WalMart.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
We are glad that we can be your halfway stop from Chicago to Boston. We just opened this past September, so we are almost to that one year mark. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we definitely look forward to you returning on your trips. Please let us know if we can help in anyway making your next reservations.
Bridgewater, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the Staff overall were excellent Breakfast staff was horrible. the overall hotel was superior the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed My first stay was the week they opened and I was shocked at how well organized they were so went back a second time

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Melissa P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I would like to thank you for your return stay to our property. It means a lot to us when we have first and returning guests. We are sorry you were not treated the way expected at breakfast and we are taking proper actions for the staff. This is never a problem and we are sorry this happened to you. We hope you will return if you are ever back in the area!
Ada, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We live in NW Ohio and our daughter and son - in - law and 10 week grandson live in CT. So this is 1/2 way point for us to meet and spend a weekends together and this time my brother his wife and 7and 5 yr olds joined us for a 2 night stay. This was our first stay at HomeWood Suites. We WILL be back!! We had the 2 bedroom king, 2 bath suite and it was like a small condo!! My brother had a 1 bedroom 2 queen, 1 bath suite and theirs was really no smaller than ours except for the extra room. The beds and pillows were great! Everything was very clean, well kept, friendly, and furnished in our rooms. The lobby and staff was all of the above. Since it was the weekend we only had breakfast furnished but was everything you needed. The pool was not large but nice if not alot of people, my niece and nephew enjoyed it. The only thing I would very highly suggest is to look at your hot tub. It did not seem to clean. The edges of the unit were dirty and the water had ALOT of foam. This would be the only reason I would not give 5 stars, but I am still giving 5 stars do to the entire stay we had!! But other than that it was an awesome stay!!!

We hope to be back soon. Thanks again HomeWood Suites of Du Bois!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so glad to hear what a wonderful time you had with us and we are already looking forward to your next stay. We love hearing all the wonderful things people have to say, as well as some negative comments that we learn from. We will definitely look into the hot tub and see what it is you are talking about and get that fixed right away. If you need anything else from us, please do not hesitate to contact me at 814-503-8944 or melissa.polaski@hilton.com. We look forward to hearing from you to book your next stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near DuBois
Hampton Inn Dubois
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 10 in DuBois
Best Western Plus Clearfield

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois? Share your experiences!