“pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in DuBois
naples, fl
“pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

dined in the restaurant which was actually very good. Hotel was clean with a friendly staff. Would recommend. The breakfast appeared to be well supplied, however time did not allow us to stay to enjoy. We were able to hear noises from other rooms and in the hall. Unfortunately, the smoking area was directly below our room. Even though we were on the third floor, we could hear people out there talking until about 3 AM

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank napoliNaples_Fl
dordes, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubois, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for your recent response. We appreciate any recommendations you give to your friends and family and are glad that you enjoyed your stay to be able to do that. I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise and hopefully the next time you stay with us we could put you in a different location and it will work out better for you. We also hope that you get to try out our Deluxe Continental breakfast and famous cinnamon rolls. Hope to you see you and your family again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I recently spent more than a few days in DuBois, staying at the HIE. The hotel is newish, clean, and the staffis friendly and very accomodating. Perched high on a hill that overlooks the area, you are close to downtown and near to intersecting highways. I recommend this site as a good value and a good choice for this area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tartan34
dordes, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubois, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in DuBois, over the winter months we worked hard renovating the hotel and I am glad that our hard work has been noticed. My staff really strives to make every guest feel welcome to the area and does everything possible to make sure the hotel is clean and comfortable. I thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel, and look forward to your return visit.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on our way from Washington DC to Niagra Falls. It was about halfway there and offered clean, spacious rooms with a good breakfast. Would def stay there again. We got a king bed with a queen pullout sofa which was perfect for us and our two small children.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
dordes, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubois, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your most recent review. I’m glad you were able to your enjoy your stay in one of our suites on your recent trip and we look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 July 2013

As veteran road warriors, we were very happy with the king sized suite in this hotel. The bed was great, and the fold out couch for my 15 year old son was comfortable.

The breakfast was good - my son LOVED the automatic pancake machine. Push a button, and you have fresh pancakes! Apples and bananas, breads, oatmeal, cereal, eggs, juice, etc. Big favorite are the cinnamon buns!

Nice, newly updated. We will come back here in the future.

(The only bad experience is that we had made 2 reservations - one for the way out, and one for the way back - and somehow the first was for the wrong day. I know I was very clear about the dates, but the reservationist got it wrong. The bad part was they didn't have a room for us that night and we needed to drive 1/2 an hour to get a hotel that fit our needs. Double check the dates, I didn't.)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m also happy that your son loved the pancake machine as it is a favorite among almost all guest no matter the age group. I would like to apologize for the mix up in the reservation and I will look into it for future reservations so it doesn’t happen again. Thank you for your review and I hope that we get to see you and your family again someday soon.
Norwalk, CT
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Very satisfied with my entire experience. I stayed here a few years ago and decided to try again. If anything this time it was better.

The location is convenient to RT 80, far enough from the road to be quiet, but not out in the middle of nowhere.

Not a lot of quick food options here, Arby's. .there seemed like more down the road in either direction - east in Clearfield ow west in Brookville. There are a couple gas stations nearby.

Although I stayed here a few years ago, The hotel is still new feeling, Clean and well maintained.

There a couple utility trucks in the parking lot, but it was not a typical truck stop place. Those utility guys were staying in a nice place.

The reception area was neat and clean. The desk attendant was friendly, professional and fast. Not overly chatty, but certainly welcoming. She seemed kind of young to be working so late (almost midnight), but she sure was efficient and knew her job.

My room was 301. Not far from the elevator & overlooking parking lot & north to RT 80 well beyond.

Clean. Comfortable . With a very good bed and bedding. There is a desk, causal chair and TV stand / dresser. All are in good shape and look good.

The lighting in the room was good and bright with CFL lamps in the fixtures. Plenty of outlets to recharge a phone, lap top etc. TV was large and worked well, with lots of cable channels with good reception.

Strong, fast WiFi.

Bathroom was big enough and clean. Enough soap and other samples. Plenty of good thick clean towels.

I didn't get to the pool. And left before breakfast, but there was fruit and coffee available for the road. The Sheetz gas station also had very good coffee.

I think this will be a more frequent stop for me. I make this trip a couple times a year and plan to stop here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
dordes, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubois, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review of the hotel. I am glad that you have decided to make us your frequent stop. We certainly stive to make sure that all of our guests are able to relax and enjoy themselves. It is truly refreshing to know that all of the hard work to upkeep the hotel has not gone unnoticed. Thank you again and we look forward to a return visit.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the new, stylish interior and extra large rooms. Clean rooms, updated bedding although mattresses were a little bouncy - not great mattresses. Staff was friendly. Free breakfast was good (cereal, oatmeal, pancake machine, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc.)- comparable to other moderate business hotels. This place is right off the highway and overlooks an unattractive truck fueling center and the highway so ugly views but fine for a quick overnight stay. It seemed a bit pricey at first but with free breakfast for 5 of us it was actually a deal. We never received the free water and snacks the check-in staff offered but we were there so late it didn't matter much. Appreciated the rollaway was already in the room so we didn't need to request it after checking in (a first for us in any hotel). Main complaint was no noise proofing - kids upstairs were running around their room until 1am and then again starting at 7am - maybe if we had a top floor room that would have helped - don't think we had anyone next door so not sure if walls are also thin.

Room Tip: Request top floor because of noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
dordes, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubois, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time during your busy travel schedule to review the hotel. After months of hard work it is nice to know that someone notices what we have done. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast selections, breakfast is an important part of the hotel stay, and I am so glad you found the choices you had to your liking. The next time you stay with us aside from requesting the third floor, we also have rooms that face the back of the hotel which you may find that view more enjoyable. Once again I appreciate that you stayed with us and look forward to meeting you in the future.
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a wedding and the room wAs a nice size and very convenient location. I would stay here again when I go back to Dubois, pa. Bathroom was very clean and I loved the make up remover clothes. The one thing that was wierd was the house keeper knocked to clean the room while my husband was in bed and she came in and started cleaning the bathroom. He was naked in bed she walked out and asked if he wanted the bed made and he was literally laying in it. I thought it was wierd. Maybe it was just me.

• Stayed May 2013
I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I do apologize that the room attendant was in your room while you were still occupying it. The staff tries to do the stay-over rooms in the morning while most guests are out of the hotel. However when you are here socially, mornings usually are not the best time. The room attendant was new and was not sure how to handle a room with no do not disturb sign, which the hotel guests were still in the room, when she went to clean it. By you bringing this to my attention this was a great learning tool for the rest of the staff. We are just gearing up for the busy summer season where most of the guests are leisure travel and not the corporate guest we have all winter. Thank you again and I do appreciate you taking the time to give this feedback
Also consider these accommodations in or near DuBois
Comfort Suites DuBois
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 10 in DuBois
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Punxsutawney

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubois? Share your experiences!