“Wye Motorlodge visit....”
Review of Wye Motor Lodge

Wye Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Duncansville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

The Wye is one of three lodging options that I use in the Altoona-Johnstown area of PA......I have used the Wye going back to the early 1990's when we had family reunions and nowadays I use it for lodging while in the area train watching

.....My most recent stay was for three nights in early Aug 2013...My room was next to the office but the parking space for that room was located across the driveway from the room rather than immediately outside the room where the majority of the rooms offer parking right up to the room door.

Motel building itself dates back to the 50's or early 60's Room was clean.....microwave, small fridge and wall unit a/c were available in the room......Wireless internet is available free of charge and worked well with some occasional slowdowns....
Bathroom relatively small and offered no counter or shelf to place shaving supplies.....had to use edge of sink to place shaving supplies and toothpaste/brush when using them and stuff would fall onto the floor so had to grab supplies out of my supply bag one at a time while leaving bag on floor....a bit awkward compared to a bathroom counter at home where you can lay everything out ....Limiting factor was the space available due to size of bathroom dating back to the motel's original 1960's design......Everything related to personal hygiene went out of and back into the suitcase each morning......Aside from that, the stay was comfortable and rooms cleaned daily...Rate for 1 person came out to $60 a night including taxes which I felt was an acceptable rate for what was offered and in comparison to rates at Chain motels in the area......Rates have gone up over the years to keep up with the times......I remember rates in the upper $30's to low $40's range back in the 1990's....I will return again......

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dwi189
There are newer reviews for Wye Motor Lodge

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed there in early April for two nights while working in the area. I chose a non-smoking room. I have no complaints at all about this motel. The room included a refrigerator that will keep your food cold and even freeze your drinks if you turn the thermostat to maximum cold. There was a microwave sitting on top of the refrigerator so any food you wanted to heat was to simply open the refrigerator and pop it in the microwave above it. Make sure you tell them how many people will be in the room because they leave only enough towels for the number registered for the room. There were two of us and we had only two of everything including towels, soap, and water glasses. I'm going to be in the area a little later this month and I intend to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were in PA for a family reunion, and needed a place to stay for three nights. . We made reservations after checking out prices in the area, I couldn't figure why all the area motels were so overpriced. If you are looking for luxury, don't stop here, but it was clean, near the small towns that my 92 year Mom's family was living. As it turned out, this motel was within sight of a tragic auto/train accident my Mom was in 76 years ago.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay after a ballgame, and my wife insisted on the AAA approved older place versus the other old motels (which looked pretty seedy). I got my vintage, and she got her peace of mind.

The motel is probably mid-late '50s, and started life as the Penn Alto Motel. It has been very well kept up. The rate was a little on the high side for an older place in PA ($65 for a king, with our AAA card). They were nice enough to let us check in around 2:30, so we could freshen up before the game. Our room was very large, and had a clock, fridge, and microwave, and a large (if old) TV. The bed was very clean and comfortable, and the pillows were so nice that my wife actually let me use mine. The wi-fi signal was pretty good in our room.

The bathroom was clean, and although the vintage fixtures had been replaced, there was still some nice tile. Plenty of hot water, and soap/shampoo provided. There's even a hair dryer, which is not something you find at most older places.

Despite the location on a busy road, the room was very quiet and dark at night. All the windows could still be opened, and if it had been cooler, I would have felt safe doing so. We liked the location, you can even walk to dinner at one of the places in the business park behind the motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank roadtripperMaryland
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

It's clean but it smells like smoke really bad here and the people who work there are very rude!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Lisaasewi
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Went to area on own dime; was looking for a deal. All the hotels were overpriced, including motel 6. Found this place online and it was like staying at grandmas. Older furniture, beds, etc. but the rooms were clean and the staff friendly. For the price, this is the best value of anywhere in West Central Pa. It is no glam; but the money saved is no small feat.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I found this hotel to be very nice! It had everything we needed a comfortable bed, clean room, fridge and microwave all for around 55 dollars what more could you as for? Yes it wasnt a 5 star hotel but you also arent spending a 5 star price. I would certainly stay here again if in the area/needed!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncansville
Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona
#9 of 15 in Altoona
Comfort Suites Altoona
Comfort Suites Altoona
#2 of 15 in Altoona

Been to Wye Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!