“Would stay again...now that I can find it.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunmore
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We had a tough time finding the place, but once there, we were pleasantly surprised. It seems there was a recent remodel compared to the photos on the Sleep Inn web site. The room was clean and the duvet cover seemed like it had been recently washed. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Even the carpet seemed clean. We were traveling with many other people and we all had multiple dogs in our rooms. The hotel was very very accomodating to our canine needs. Of course, the dogs slept in crates, not in the bed. The breakfast was par for the course. We wish there were more restaurants nearby to chose from. If I ever go back to the area, I will definately stay at the Sleep Inn again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, non-smoking, I recommend you do the same.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Orandafish

Reviewed 15 September 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for 5 days and it was a wonderful experience! Hotel nicely decorated, rooms clean and comfortable, staff very friendly and welcoming! We were traveling with our toddler so we asked for extra towels several times and were always greeted with a smile and more towels! Every staff member we encountered was professional and friendly to our family and asked us how our stay was going. We were always able to reply that our stay was going very well!

One day, during, our stay, I realized that I had left my wedding band, engagement ring, and another ring in a paper cup after we had left the hotel for an appointment with our realtor. I had washed my hands and applied lotion and did not want to get lotion on my rings. So I had put the rings in a clean paper cup and set them aside. Then, I forgot to put them back on. During our appointment I realized my error and called the front desk. Maria answered the phone. I explained what had happened and that I was concerned housekeeping could have thrown the cup away while cleaning the room. I was concerned and worried about my jewelry. Maria, very kindly and sensitively, asked for my cell phone number so she could call me back. She had the room checked and called me back to assure me that my rings were just where I had left them in the paper cup and would not be, accidentally, thrown away. She was very kind and professional.

Another staff member named Maria was also very professional and kind to us as we arrived back to the hotel, exhausted, after looking for a new home all day with our toddler. She always asked how we were doing and talked with our toddler.

Chris, another staff member was also very friendly and professional. He always checked in with us, and asked if we needed anything as we walked by the front desk.

Cheryl, the housekeeping supervisor asked us, daily, how we were doing and if we needed anything for our room and how our stay was going. She was very professional and friendly.

Melinda, our housekeeper always had a friendly smile for all of us and asked if we needed anything for the room. She did such a nice job cleaning our room and taking special care to change our sheets as our toddler spilled food on them sometimes.

There were so many other staff members that were so friendly and professional and we can't remember their names and wish we could! Our stay was very pleasant and we appreciate the professional and kind staff!

Stay here-you will love it!

Room Tip: King beds are comfortable here!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PATrip49680
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Have stayed here once last year and what a difference a year makes! This hotel is newly remodeled with brand new flat screen tv's, microwaves and refridgerators in the rooms. The breakfast has many options, although we were told that a hot breakfast will be coming soon that we will definately be back for. The staff is excellent, they go above and beyond with everything you need, unlike the other hotel staff in the area I have come in contact with. This place is a must to stay at for such a good price!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Fran J
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have stayed here several times and found that this hotel had been a very pleasant place to stay. This time I found that the room was dirty when I arrived and when I complained about the room when I checked out, the front desk person seemed liked she could care less. I travel extensively and this was very unacceptible.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I'll have to agree with the previous two reviews. Although there was nothing drastically wrong with our stay or the hotel, the place just seems to be getting a bit beat-up and the staff's attitudes correspond with this. The room was large but there was a distinct masking spray odor. The bottom towel of the stack on the rack was dirty. The staff was friendly enough but not really helpful. Just a "I'm sorry" followed by a quick "come again." Again, it's an OK place, but we just didn't get the same good feeling we had when we stayed here three years earlier.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2011

We were merely passing through, and Scranton is where we normally stay for the midway point on our trek north.

The hotel was a little difficult to find and slightly off the traveling path, but our initial encounter with the staff was welcoming.

They told of a pool party taking place from 4-7; but that it was still open for our use. That makes good business sense to me, and I was glad they informed us.

The beds were comfortable, and we were well-rested as we headed out for the second leg of our trip.

No real frills, and it's not excitingly new, but we had no surprises or problems.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2011

The Dunmore Sleep Inn is, first of all, a bit hard to find. It is easy to see as you hit the highway off-ramp, but the local road you merge onto can be congested and busy and the hotel has no signage on the roadway and can't be seen from there. Read your directions carefully before you get there.
We have stayed in this hotel before, on a slow night, and found it an enjoyable stop and a good choice. We could say the same about this recent stay, except that it was busy this time, with people in rooms on both sides of ours. We could hear them talking, hear their little dog barking, hear the toilet flush, hear the TV's until late. Running the fan on the room air unit wasn't enough. Apparently, the walls of our second floor room were not built with any thought of noise control.
Aside from that, everything else about our stay was good: the room was very clean, in good condition, nicely furnished, better than average breakfast, etc. The bathroom had a tub instead of the usual Sleep Inn shower.
We would probably stay there again, but not without earplugs.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
3 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore? Share your experiences!