“Will stay again!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunmore
Albany
“Will stay again!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We needed to stay for one night and we had our dog with us. This place was great! It looks pretty new and was very clean. The beds were comfy and the hot buffet breakfast even had waffle irons to make fresh waffles on the spot! All was fresh and well maintained. Considering this hotel was pet friendly, I did not see any doggie gifts in any of the areas I brought her to potty. They even had a gas grill and picnic tables available for cooking outside. Also, check in is supposed to be 3pm, but we got there before 2 and had a room ready for us and got us in early. If you need a nice place to stay in the Scranton area, check this place out!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Waterford, Ohio
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Very clean, nice hotel. Staff is friendly, especially Maria. Adequate breakfast. Good value. You can't go wrong with this one. Just as nice as the Hilton in Scranton.

Room Tip: Enroll in Choice privileges
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Seatlle
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed here with couples & friends for my best friend's wedding. This was our 3rd year going to the Scranton area & this was by far the best hotel experience we've had overall. Along with being kind & pleasant, the staff was extremely accommodating & helpful. The housekeeping staff was wonderful as well; we always came back to a clean, refreshed room. Location was also great. Has a bar & grill across the street & is close to various restaurants, stores etc. Overall, one of the best, if not the best, place to stay when visiting the Scranton area! Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen M
Barboursville
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Where do I start? Well, I called hotel the day before arrival to make my reservation. During the process, I did request an "early check-in" as I would be driving 10 plus hours to get there. I was told it would not be a problem.
The morning of my arrival, I called to let them know that I was in the area. The front desk clerk Heather took my cell phone number and said she would call as soon as my room was ready. Now keep in mind, you would think that as someone that is an "Elite Diamond" member of the hotel chain rewards program, you would do your best to accomodate them by assuring that the housekeeping staff was aware of the early arrival request and do your best to get that room cleaned first.
By noon, I had not heard anything from the hotel. I called again and Heather answered again. Heather stated that the room was still not ready and woould call when it was. In the meantime I am in Scranton/Dunmore area with nothing to do and nowhere to stay. Finally at 2:00 PM (1 hour before "normal check-in) I called again to find out if my room was ready. Theresa answered this time. She stated that she was the Front Desk manager. I explained everythiig to her starting from the original call to make the reservation to this point. She apologized and put me on hold to find out what was what. Low and behold, when she got back on the line my room was ready! How convienent!
Now I made my reservation for 8 day's. I was told that I would be switching rooms two different times during my stay because of previous reservation commitments. I can understand this and was willing to move as needed.
These pictures are of furniture and the tub of the first room that I am given. For what I am paying for this room, you would think that it would be better appointed/cleaned than what I was presented with. The first set of pictures are of the first room.
I will update this as I move from room to room.

Room Tip: Make you reservation well in advance and find a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
earlville, ny
Reviewed 1 October 2011

CLEAN! everywhere, room, hallways, breakfast, pool! room was less than 100, clean, comfy beds, very nice decor (art work and colors). Shower is on the small side. Pool and hot tub very nice, unusual for a lower end hotel. Breakfast waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, oatmeal, yogurts, ect. I agree with earlier posts-difficult to find, watch for right hand turn into lot.

Room Tip: book on line then follow up with a call to request a non smoking room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
LA, CA
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We woke up early in the morning woth bug bites on my legs. After careful investigation, it was determined that the bed was infested with bed bugs.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela B
Grafton, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We had a tough time finding the place, but once there, we were pleasantly surprised. It seems there was a recent remodel compared to the photos on the Sleep Inn web site. The room was clean and the duvet cover seemed like it had been recently washed. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Even the carpet seemed clean. We were traveling with many other people and we all had multiple dogs in our rooms. The hotel was very very accomodating to our canine needs. Of course, the dogs slept in crates, not in the bed. The breakfast was par for the course. We wish there were more restaurants nearby to chose from. If I ever go back to the area, I will definately stay at the Sleep Inn again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, non-smoking, I recommend you do the same.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Orandafish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
#8 of 10 in Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore? Share your experiences!