“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunmore
Springfield, Missouri
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here 12 nights while working in Scranton. I was surprised on check-in with an upgrade to a suite. Loved the walkin shower. I had major problems with the wireless internet. After two calls to the help desk I was still being kicked off about every five minutes. I finally mentioned it to someone at the front desk and he told me to use the earthnet cable. After I did that, I never had another problem. The room was nice and roomy. I didn't try the breakfast, pool, or exercise room. Housekeeping did a good job and the front desk was helpful, but not overly friendly. The hotel can be a little difficult to find. I found it pretty quite, but sometimes when someone was in the next room I could hear everything that was said.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank vickere

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fayetteville, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Boy, what a nice place. My room was very nice, very clean and felt very high end. Although the front desk staff was not very welcoming, the housekeeping staff on the second floor was exceptionally warm and friendly, especially an employee named G. Marie. The complimentary breakfast is very impressive with all sorts of beverages and food choices. One of the reasons why I like Sleep Inn is because the windows partially open, which better accommodates my environmental sensitivities thus I kept the windows open during the length of a stay. However the property is located on a street that is on the way to the county dump and also has a tractor trailer car wash within walking distance to the hotel. So the road truck traffic is heavy. It is also within earshot of I-81, which you can definitely hear the interstate traffic noise. BUT what makes it worse is that the backside of the hotel is located right up against a tractor trailer repair shop that was open past 11pm on my first night and past 10pm on the second night with all sorts of ungodly loud banging, hammering, air tools, trucks idling. etc. And my room was right across one of the truck bays where they were doing such repairs. The trucks are idling forever in their parking lot and that started around 5am on both days that I was there, which is not only a noise nuisance but the diesel fumes were suffocating. Perhaps for someone who can tolerate closing the windows, the overall annoyance would be greatly reduced. I hate leaving this review as I really am impressed with everything else about this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel might be quieter than the back and although you may still hear the i...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank baahstun
Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Decent pet room - no order or stains noted. They gave out a doggie treat and refuse bag at check-in which was nice. However, no designated place for the dog to do his business. Immediate surroundings of hotel was in an industrial area. Right outside our window was a semi truck loading dock. The grounds were gravel and pavement - nothing to make the hotel look attractive at all. Noisy AC unit (at least it worked) which made for an unrestful night sleep. The walls are paper thin! You can hear your neighbors as if they were in your own room.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Alexandria VA
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed at the Sleep Inn for 4 nights June 2012. Rooms were clean and well appointed, AC worked great (there was a heat wave). The location next to truck servicing center was NOT a problem as the sound proofing worked fine. It was a little difficult to find - you have to turn onto a small road right at the sign to Big Lots and wind down the road a bit - the signs for both the turn onto the Monahan Ave and into the hotel are small and not well lit. Desk staff was efficient. Dogs were allowed with extra room charges.

Room Tip: While you might think the rooms on the truck repair side might be noiser, they were not, at least wi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
NorthWest NJ
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Well I was out on business & finally found this place... not easy to locate, they should put a big sign on the main road to direct you back into no-mans land where the hotel is located. Funny as I was following a paint truck who must of had the same GPS as I had as we both pulled into some shopping center parking lot & no hotel in site. Called the hotel and said to go behind the parking lot and the hotel is back down a side road. Got to hotel and saw dozen of construction workers truck and thought... 'here we go' parties all night long... no sleep... folks running up & down the halls, no ice in the ice maker etc. Well I checked into my room and was pleasantly surprised as to the layout, 32" flatscreen, business type office chair under a very large desk, a strange huge walk into shower, not the typical 'sleep Inn' shower. All & all I was well pleased with this hotel and will make it my hotel of choice when working in the area... Used to stay at the Comfort Suites a few miles west (another great hotel) and gave this little sleep in a shot & glad I did!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JerseyTJ
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I booked a smoking room even though I'm a non-smoker - I was traveling for work and needed to book the government rate and the only had smoking rooms for that rate. The whole floor smelled like smoke, so I spoke to the front desk. At first they offered to "freshed up" the room and then they found me another room on a non-smoking floor. All this was done very quickly and without any drama. The pool was clean and a nice temperature. Breakfast offered hot waffles plus the usual options (bannas, cereal). I would stay again, but definitely get the non-smoking room.

Room Tip: The handicap room was right near the entrance and offered an adjoining room. It was plenty wide for...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Lyn234
Oyster Bay
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I had never stayed in a Sleep Inn before but needed to stay one night in the Scranton, PA area. The hotel was very nice, had a good breakfast and easy access to I-81.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 48Rick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
#8 of 10 in Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore? Share your experiences!