“A great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunmore
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A nice hotel--clean, friendly staff, great breakfast bar. Folks at the front desk were very helpful with directions. Easy access to I-81/I-84/US-6. Great place to stay if you are in the Scranton area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel was nice. The only down side was the thin walls. You could hear your neighbors tv and our neighbor had the tv on 24/7. Not good if you are a light sleeper like me. The hotel is a little hard to find at first. They need a bigger sign. If you have a GPS you will do fine.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I'm always a bit nervous about Sleep Inns as we've had good and bad experiences with that name. But this one proved to be good. Locating it was a bit of a problem, it's hidden behind some shops and down in a hollow so you really need to keep your eyes and your GPS on the alert! We pulled in and there were trucks and busses in the parking lot so I thought maybe that would mean a noisy, unkempt hotel, but not at all. The gentleman at reception was very welcoming, the room was big and airy, everything that we needed for one night and more. The receptionist was very helpful when I asked for milk for tea, he went and got it from the closed kitchen (thank you!). My only complaint and it's not about the hotel per se was the location; it's very near the highway and right behind is a truck yard of some sort and I heard trucks coming and going all night (we opened the window for some non a/c air). Otherwise I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, avoiding Scranton like the plague!

Room Tip: If you're not into fast food eating, you'll find it hard to locate a restaurant in the area...
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have stayed at a few different Sleep Inns over the past few years. Some terrible unfortunately but this was a winner.

The room was clean, fresh and well appointed. The front desk staff was very helpful with a couple of special requests.

The breakfast was fresh and the area was spotless. The usual friendly staff running the breakfast area (a staple at Sleep Inn we have found) kept the food coming for everyone.

Dunmore and Scranton were places we'd avoid in the future but if we ever needed to stay, this hotel would be our choice.

Groveland, FL, USA
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I needed a last minute hotel for the Memorial Day weekend and found this hotel at a great rate! The hotel is welcoming and clean. The staff was very friendly. I was very happy that my room was (really) smoke-free! My husband and I enjoyed the free breakfast too! I would stay here again and tell a friend about this bargain!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I needed a place to stay in the Scranton area very last-minute. Other reviewers steered me to choose Sleep Inn over Quality Inn, located close by. It would have been difficult to find, but thanks to previous reviews, I knew to drive behind the shopping center. The good: the room was nicer than I expected it to be, and the bathroom fixtures looked new. The sink/counter ran the entire length of the bathroom, providing a luxurious amount of space for both hubby and me to lay out our toiletries without fighting for counter real estate. The lighting was decent. The A/C worked great. The complimentary breakfast was the usual fare. Front desk staff were friendly. Plenty of parking. Now the bad: 2nd floor hallway was musty, but that didn't bother me. What did was the cleaning/disinfectant smell that hit me the moment I walked in the room. Even with the A/C running all night, it never dissipated, and I never habituated to it. It was too late at night to start asking for another room -- and not worth the effort of moving if that smell was going to be everywhere. Another major negative: hair on the bathroom counter and IN the bed. Hubby was totally grossed out by this. Otherwise the bathroom LOOKED clean, and the sheets LOOKED like they were fresh and the bed was made, so I will charitably say that the housekeeper needs to tie her hair back. Another problem, and management should take note: Room 220 -- the toilet fixture is loose! It needs to be anchored better to the floor. And the positioning of the toilet paper roll is the most inconvenient I have ever experienced anywhere -- I'm sure many people would find it impossible to reach. Sad to say, I would not choose this place again unless I could not find another room anywhere in the Scranton area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank timetocruise
Glen Cove, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We stopped here to break up our trip and it turned out to be a great choice, the hotel was quiet, the beds were comfortable, the rooms and hotel were clean and the best part was that the staff was friendly from check in to breakfast, etc. great experience!

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
#5 of 10 in Scranton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore? Share your experiences!