“Excellent food, excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Nicholson, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

We had a great meal and great service. What a perfect little restaurant. Very personalized service. All the waitress's were very attentive to us and all the other tables.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Kimber421

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I have not been to Anna Maria's in quite some time.. This Saturday my wife and I were in the mood for Italian so we decided to go to the best .. Recently they have expanded their dinner menu. Every entree (besides a pasta entree) comes with a side of pasta or potato and vegetable. All entrees now come with a salad too. I couldn't ask for more from the waitstaff, some of the girls who work there have been there for quiet some time and seem to be part of the family. they make me feel welcome and as if i was a part of the their family. I was recently just there. My wife and I sat in the bar area which was decorated for Christmas. We walked through the dining room and it looked just amazing. The Christmas decorations were stunning. Caitlin waited on us in the bar area and was spectacular and charming. We only seem to get there once or twice a year and she is always the one to wait on us. Her and Lenny were very accommodating. I had the homemade lasagna which was on special and my wife had eggplant parm which was delicious. Lenny was also very polite. Their homemade balsamic dressing is to die for. This restaurant is the epitome of Italian cooking. My wife and I will sure be back.

1 Thank Italianlover223345
“Sometimes second chances don't work out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Today, my husband and I visited Anna Maria's for the second and last time. We stopped in for dinner a couple of years ago. The food was mediocre and overpriced, and the service was horrible. I was surprised that Chef Robert didn't focus on the service, but understand that there was so much else wrong. We'd hoped they focused on it off-camera.

Today's visit was for lunch on a work day. We arrived through the empty dining room and the owner offered us a table in the dining room or bar area. Because there were people in the bar area already, we opted to sit there. We took a table for two and, before long, a waitress greeted us and took our drink order (water). When she brought the water, we ordered from the daily specials menu. ... And then we were able to read the entire newspaper before she showed up with our soup. A nearby table of men who arrived well after us and ordered well after us received their soup right after our soup, which was mediocre, arrived. As the waitress cleared our empty soup bowls, she made an excuse that everyone had arrived all at once (not true) and said we'd have food soon. About 20 minutes later, when our lunches had still not arrived -- but the men who got there and ordered after us had received their food, finished it, and were looking for their check -- we left $3 (too much, I thought) on the table to pay for the soup and left. No one even noticed. Other tables had also arrived after us, been served before us, and paid and left.

Restaurant owners, please!! We've encountered this many times before. We like to try different restaurants. We understand that you have people who come in every day for lunch or every week for dinner. But when you give them preferential treatment and ignore non-regulars, you are driving business away. How do people become regulars if you treat them so shabbily on their first and second visits? We will NEVER NEVER (did I mention never?) give Anna Maria's another chance. Hope you enjoyed eating the lunch we ordered. We had McDonald's instead.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank WaverlyCat
Scranton PA
“Love the food! Bartender makes visiting so enjoyable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We go there for dinner at least once/twice a month. I've had some of the best food ever there. The menu is limited recently, but you cant go wrong with ordering off their special's menu. I'm very fuss about sauce, and theirs is one of the best anywhere. The portions are more than sufficient since I always end up bringing some home. We sit at the bar because Lenny the bartender makes you feel right at home. They don't get any better or more professional than him. The son that's running the restaurant needs a little personality. He acts like he could care less if your there or not, but the food is still worth the stop..

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LoBoexp
stoneboro
“Chef Robert Irvine needs to come back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Place was on reality TV show some time ago. Menu and decor changed as part of show. Decor OK till you see water stained ceiling tiles. Menu OK but limited. I went with the Chicken Piccata which turned out to be very average and a little tough. At least the asparagus was very good. Italian bread seemed like from an upscale grocery store bakery, nothing special Wait staff pleasant if a little slow. Beat McDonalds, and if stuck, would eat there again, but would not drive very far out of way to do so.

• Visited May 2012