“I don't get it.”

Haydn Zug's
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 72 (Manheim Pike)
Description: Haydn Zug's offers fine dining in seven separate dining rooms decorated in Williamsburg Colonial decor. With an award winning wine list, Haydn Zug's seats over 200 guests.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“I don't get it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Why does this place get such amazing reviews? We went here because of a groupon deal. The ambience struck me being like a nursing home dining room. Gross carpeting, way too bright light, horrible music. The food was okay - nothing great and the service was on the slow end. It is overpriced in my opinion.

• Visited February 2013

Malvern, Pa
“Fine dining, great service and cozy atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Love the freshness of the salad greens, when we go there for lunch I like to order the filet mignon sandwich.

I like the soup of the day especially when it is a seasonal soup.

We usually make reservations whether were dining there for lunch or dinner.

We have always had a pleasant dining experience at Hayden Zugs

• Visited November 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

We celebrated our 22nd anniversary here, and it was perfect. This is not our first trip to Haydn Zug's, so we had an idea of what to expect. We were NOT disappointed. We asked for a private table and were seated in the back of the side dining room. It was very quiet and lovely. I had the lamb appetizer and hubby had the tuna. Both were delicious. We sampled the crab and corn chowder and were so glad we did. It was full of crab and corn, something I didn't expect. Hubby had the lamb entree and I had the filet chesapeake. We both loved every bite. Let me say, we are picky...we like good flavorful food, and Haydn Zug's delivered it.

One word about our server, Krista....AWESOME. She answered our questions about the food and made suggestions to us and each suggestion was just right. She was pleasant and efficient. We never felt we waited too long for anything, but also didn't feel we were rushed to get out. It really was everything we were hoping for.

I recommend Haydn Zug's to anyone looking for excellent fine dining.

• Visited July 2013
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Haydn Zug's is a hidden fine dining gem in south central PA. The menu selection is a wide and varied mix of delicious American cuisine. My filet mignon was cooked to perfection and tender enough to cut with a butter knife. Locally caught fresh trout was the special of the night. Prime Rib is one of their specialties and some of the best tasting ANYWHERE. The dining rooms are all comfortably lit in a relaxing colonial-style environment. Guy, the bartender will mix any concoction you request and several of his own recipes for you to try as you please. Wait staff was friendly and full of great suggestions. The perfect place for any occasion.

Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delightful surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We were all starved and on the lookout for a decent, but not a chain, place to stop while on our way to Lancaster. We spotted this place as we were driving through the small town, passed it by and found a place to turn around. Boy were we glad we did. We were surprised to see the white table clothes and candles. We were a little under-dressed, being in our travelling clothes, but we were warmly welcomed and led to a cozy table.

The food was fresh and amazing and worth the price. I need to eat gluten-free and they were so accommodating. My husband and I had the Chicken, which was moist and tender. My son loved the duck and my daughter was happy with the french onion soup and a salad.

The service was great and our friendly waitress, Gibbs, told us about the origins of the building and about Haydn Zug. She also gave us tips on other interesting places to visit while we were in the area.

Even though was close to closing they let us wander around the upstairs and take a little tour of the place. If you are ever in East Petersburg, PA, it is definitely worth it to stop at this charming restaurant.

• Visited June 2013