US$82
US$69
US$181
US$149
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$102
US$94
  • Free Breakfast
Timothy Lake South RV(East Stroudsburg)
  • Pool
Rainbow Mountain Resort(East Stroudsburg)
  • Pool
Echo Valley Cottages(East Stroudsburg)
TripAdvisor
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort(East Stroudsburg)
1,035 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was looking for a nice place to take my girlfriend hiking for the weekend. A friend suggested the Poconos. Not having been there, I looked on line and found the Fernwood Resort. The online pictures looked good so I booked it. Well online reality and reality are two very different things.
The room was dirty, musty smelly, just gross. Check out the pictures. We decided to try to get another room. We called the front desk and were told that the resort was completely booked. My girlfriend pointed out that there were no cars. How can you be completely booked with no one there? So we went to the front desk. The front desk was shocked that their resort was crap. Not so good acting, but they offered us another room. We tried. In this room the Queen bed somehow shrunk. Must be mold shrinkage. Again the front desk was shocked to find out that their room wasn't up to par. They upgraded us to a one bedroom. This room was not moldy and semi clean. So we took this room. The bed had a sheet and a bedspread, you know, the thing they never wash even in good hotels. We found one blanket in the closet.

Just do your self a favor and don't stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Pocono Mountain Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

I would like to thank you for your review of our resort.

The Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway would like to send our apologies as to the maintenance and housekeeping issues that you encountered. While those comments troubled me, I was very happy to hear that our Front Desk staff was able to upgrade your room to a one bedroom. The Fernwood Resort and the Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway pride itself on excellent guest service standards and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations for your accommodations.

We continue to make improvements property wide and we hope that in the future you might keep our location in mind when visiting the Poconos.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I rented a studio villa for the weekend and we couldn't have been happier. The grounds are beautiful. Our unit was very nice. Clean and comfortable. A kitchenette, a very nice large bathroom. We had a patio that looked onto the golf course. Quiet and peaceful. A very pleasant stay. We plan on staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: The villas that are on the golf course have more privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Pocono Mountain Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your weekend trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

Our villa accommodations, are designed for all to enjoy families, couples and singles alike.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Okay...My friend and I just returned from a two day stay at Fairway. I have to admit that I was terrified at some of the reviews I read. I even called the resort to ask why they thought they were getting so many bad reviews. Well, I was so relieved to walk into one of the most beautiful villas I have stayed at in a long time. This was my friends first resort. When I told her the AFVC rated the villas a 2 key, she said she could not imagine what a 5 key would be. We did have two wasps in the masterbedroom, but one phone call and 30 minutes later the wasps were gone. I wish we could have stayed longer...there was so much to do. I plan to return with my whole family to really enjoy all the ammenities and activities the resort has to offer. Please give this great resort a try before you are scared off by the reviews...I almost cancelled! Thanks for a great couple of days!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer units
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachelle P

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

Our villa accommodations, TreeTops and Fairway are designed for all to enjoy families, couples and singles alike.

We pride ourselves in offering many varied activities right on property so that families can enjoy quality time together or separately should you choose to do so.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future

Reviewed 7 October 2013

It wasn't the worst place we ever stayed in, but not great. We booked a two night fall hiking package, arrived on a Saturday and check in was smooth. Drove up to our tree top villa, just a one bedroom on the bottom floor. Lots of damage to the property here and there. The kitchen cabinets did not shut, microwave door closed but had a piece broken off, the refrigerator door had mold on the rubber strip. I didn't use the burners, only microwave and toaster. Was convenient to have though. It had a nice dining area. The bathroom was ok, no real place to hang towels which was annoying. The sofa bed faces the bed and the tv was in a corner of the room that you could only view by sitting on the bed which was a bit awkward. The dresser drawers did not open or shut properly either. There was a large closet with a few wire hangers which was fine for only a two day stay. Place needs a lot of upgrades at least in the villa we were in. There also was no Wi-Fi for a regular laptop which was a bit annoying when we tried to look up places to go eat or explore. All in all for the price of approx. 250 for two nights, not impressed and probably would not stay again unless I heard it was fixed up ALOT. They did ask if you would do the tour which I would assume is to sell timeshare maybe for the nicer area of the property but we were not interested in coming back. You also did have to strip the bed yourself and put your own garbage out to the curb.
We ate at the sports bar one night, only food place open on the property. Other restaurant had shut down because no business in it. Deli wasn't open at night. Food was ok in Bleachers but not wonderful. Server was a great young girl and very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Pocono Mountain Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with your stay and for the concerns you reported in your comments, I only wish you had made your displeasure known to us so that we may have addressed or relocated you to another villa that would have been more to your liking. I can assure you that I have referred the villa to our Quality Assurance Team for a thorough inspection and I will investigate why these issues were not addressed prior to the villa being released for check in.

The restaurant’s and Deli that you are referring to are owned and operated by Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center which is owned and operated separately from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. I do apologize on their behalf that they were not opened during your stay with us. Fernwood Resort offers our Wintergreens Patio Grill, which offers many different theme nights and is located by our Tubing Park and Pro Shop.

We are continuously working to improve our resort and hope you will have an opportunity to visit again and see the changes.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in one of the beautiful newer units. Upon check in we found a safety hazard in the room, however I was impressed with the housekeeping supervisor and how she handled the situation. I did request to speak with the general manager, however he never contacted me during our week long stay. The children enjoyed the specialized kids activities and liked the staff. We will be returning again in March.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationmommie

Thank you for taking the time to review your November 2012 stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation and our location.

I do apologize for the issue you had in the villa upon check in, but am glad the Housekeeping Supervisor was able to assist you. I am unsure whom you left a message for asking to speak to the General Manager, and I apologize if a member of the management team failed to return your call. We are all very attentive and prompt in responding to guest phone calls.

We look forward to your next visit in March.