“Always a fun time!”

Rainbow Mountain Resort
Bristol, Pennsylvania
“Always a fun time!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My partner and I came up for a weekend in the Pocono's and stayed at Rainbow Mountain Resort. We have stayed in the past and it was great to be back! They have upgraded the karaoke bar and the dance club, seems like there's some new energy in the place. The weather was prefect for crystal clear pool! You really can't beat the weekends there, basically like a cruise, great music, food, and atmosphere! Thanks guys and gals for a wonderful time! J&J

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
NYC
Reviewed 23 August 2011

What A wonderful experience we had. The rainbow mountain was a fabulous place. The people the food and overall entertaining. The people who worked there are very professional and kind and cared about us. We would recommend the Rainbow Mountain Resort a must see. We will be back Thank You to all of your staff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank stacy f
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I wish I had better news to report... My gf and I went up to Rainbow Mountain last weekend with a pair of close friends anticipating a lovely getaway where we could just "be ourselves", have some fun in the sun, and enjoy the beautiful natural environment. In theory, Rainbow Mountain should be wonderful. However, we had an atrocious experience there.

Everything was dirty from the pool (filled with flies, mosquitoes, bees since it doesn't have a pool filter) to the lodge. I am not the most high-maintenance of women, but everything was absolutely substandard. The waitstaff took forever to first seat us, then for our food took 50 minutes to come out once we placed our order and was cold, and our order was placed incorrectly. Now I understand that they had one waiter for several tables, but even as the place cleared out, the service was slow. I couldn't believe how many things went wrong in the brief time we were there. (On a happy note: the manager was lovely and attentive--however, there really was no saving the experience)

Needless to say, there was no way we were going to stay there in the frightening looking shacks they have on site. We stayed at the nearby Shawnee Inn instead, which was pleasant, clean, and quaint. I have been everywhere from motels to 5 star resorts/timeshares, and had yet to experience something as awful as what we dealt with at Rainbow Mountain. The only thing I can walk away with from there that is positive is the wonderful company I was with. Please, spare yourself and your partner/friends---if you want a getaway, stay away from Rainbow Mountain!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dulcinenadee
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2011

THis resort used to be my favorite place, but 12 years ago it changed ownership and lost it's way. A few months ago it was sold to a couple who vacationed here for 20 years and they have brought it back to life. We stayed in July and had a great time. There was entertainment in the dance club and music videos on the dance floor. The new lounge had Karaoke and the olympic sized pool was packed with people. They even had a Sunday t-dance party with a DJ by ther pool. THe food was great and everyone was so friendly. I plan on going back soon.

Room Tip: ask for the free night. If you stay the weekend, they add a night free.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaci7585
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I have vacationed there for five years now. I just got home as a matter of fact. I am female and have no problems getting service and the menu has something for everyone and they will accommodate you if you have food allergies like me. They really do treat everyone like family, it is laid back and everyone is friendly and knows how to have a good time. The rooms are clean but do need to be updated however the dirty dancing feel is intriguing and has a romance about it. I just found out while there that there are new owners; they have been updating what needs to be. I actually didn’t recognize the down stairs bar in the night club at all. I can’t wait to see what changes come for my next summer vacation!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SusanW1977
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We traveled to Rainbow Mountain for a weekend with friends. While I thought it was expensive for a rustic place, I figured the cost included breakfast and dinner so it might be worth the cost. After spending a weekend there, I would say it is not worth the price. First of all, the rooms were a huge disappointment. They are old and run down. The bathroom had rust stained fixtures and mold in the shower stall. Awful! The food was okay but the whole package was hardly worth the cost.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelingbeachbum00
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 November 2010

My partner and I stayed here in October. We traveled to NY for business and decided to stay here on the way home. I stupidly booked 2 nights prior to getting there and seeing what it was like. We were charged for a "Theme Weekend" yet there was NO THEME whatsoever. There were very creepy guests who took over the resort and the staff catered to their every needs pretty much forgetting about other guests.
I was really looking forward to this trip and was incredibly disappointed. They state on their website that they are "rustic" but "charming". There was nothing charming about hair and rust in the showers that were filthy. The towels and sheets were stained and looked terrible. We were unable to get our money back and were ignored when we inquired about it.
Although we were there in the fall and expected fewer guests, I expected better service. The food was good, but there were numerous meals that we had to pay additional for as the room price did not cover it. And they ran out of some food as mentioned by another guest. Wings could easily have been purchased from a local store.
The bar was a disaster. The karaoke was not working and it took them over an hour to figure it out. The drinks were OVERPRICED for the drop of alcohol that the bartender put in them.
I looked forward to this stay for several years and was disappointed with every aspect. I would never recommend anyone stay here.
The theme weekend when we were there was a joke and we should have been reimbursed. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 2GirlsAndaJeep
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,997 reviews

Been to Rainbow Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!