“Lacks customer service”

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Lacks customer service”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a fairly new hotel, but the elevator broke down the first day we were there. So, we had to take the stairs to the second floor. Felt sorry for those on the fourth floor. What about the people in the handicapped rooms on the second floor? How were they supposed to get to their rooms? It was working the next day. There was only one knife and fork in our room. There was supposed to be 3 of everything. The girl at the front desk said they were running low on silverware. The shower curtain had mold on it at the bottom. The first morning the juice machine wasn't working at 730. Breakfast had started at 600. The water in the soda machine wasn't working either. So, we had to wait at least 10 minutes for something to drink. The 3 mornings we had breakfast they ran out of clean forks. If they knew they had a shortage of silverware they should've purchased more. If I knew the elevator would work the whole time of my stay, I would stay on the fourth floor next time. People forget they are staying in a hotel and let their kids run and jump around til well after midnight, and spouses were yelling at each other. Customer service is lacking, and employees don't seem to care.

Room Tip: Get a room on the fourth floor if the elevator is working. That way you don't have to kids runni...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sghewitt
IHGCare, IHG Care at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear sghewitt,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. do appreciate the high scores for Location and Rooms. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments about the shower curtain and the elevator are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Janice A
IHG Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel this weekend on a trip to visit Rickets Glen and Bushkill Falls. While the property is fairly new, it is already obvious that management's priorities do not extend to maintenance. There were no knobs on the drawers and doors of the bathroom cabinets; the plantings on the property do not look watered; and there was an overall feeling that if you were to visit in 5-10 years, it would be in poor shape. The layout of the rooms was poor; the air conditioner is mounted on the wall immediately alongside the bed with no way to redirect the cold air blowing on your body during the night. The bathroom sink alcove has no door so that the light above the sink shines directly into the face of anyone sleeping on the bed. Breakfast was lacking in simple basics - no orange juice and only a few green apples in the fruit bowl. Eggs were powdered. This property is not worth the money charged.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Virginia Z
IHGCare, IHG Care at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Virginia Z,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate the excellent score you gave us on cleanliness. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior. I would like to assure you that your comments about the knobs on the drawers and the doors of the bathroom cabinets have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A.
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed here while attending a wedding at the Stroudsmoor Inn about 5 miles away. A shuttle to to wedding. We assumed and were told that the shuttle would pick us up after the wedding. The shuttle never arrived. Kept calling the front desk and were continuallly told they were working on it. Kept asking for a call back that, like the schuttle, never came. 50 guests were stranded at the Stroudsmoor until after midnight when we able to talk a bus driver from a different hotel to take us back to the Staybridge. When we left early the next day, no one was at the front desk to talk to. I called for the manager later in the day and was given his voicemail. Never got a call back. This is by far the worst I have ever been treated as a guest.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank delta226
IHGCare, IHG Care at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear delta226,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, PA. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A.

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Pros: Refreshing to find this place....good surrounding area....great front desk staff (good job, girls)...clean...spacious. Cons: No soap the first night... air conditioner broken in the first unit we were in....building materials and furnishings wont hold up with use (screens already had gaps)...kitchen countertops were sticky and garbage disposal had odor...and THE WORST hide-a-bed mattress ever. No hot tub in the swimming area???

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travelingmomma
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2012

As soon as I walked into our room I thought it looked superficially nice but it was so cheaply made I new within a year or two everything would be broken. Our kictchen faucet was barely connected to the sink and every drawer pull knob was missing from the bathroom area.
Then we tried to move around the room which was next to impossible because they amount of furniture they stuffed in the room. You could hardly get past the door with 2 desks. we had to move the TV stand out of the way so we could get in bed!
While our bed was pretty comfy, it was right on top of the A/C so when it kicked on, you froze to death.
Now comes the bad part. We had a room on the first floor near the elevator and lobby. Never again willI accept this area. The first night at midnight I heard a loud commotion in the breakfast area next to the front desk. Afterb15 minutes I got dressed to see what was going on. It was a bunch of people laughing and drinking. I asked the front desk to please have them quiet down since my room was the first one in the hallway. Thankfully they left.
Then the next night I heard fireworks in the parking lot outside my window after 11pm. An hour later a huge bus dropped off a load of drunks from a wedding party. The first group was staying on our floor and was pretty rambunctious asbthey said their goodnights outside our door. The second group in wasn't in such a hurry to get into their rooms. The stayed by the elevator blowing party horns and laughing? I called the front desk for help and they replied that they would see what they could do. Meanwhile,my husband and I got dressed to take care of it ourselves. When we asked the group to think about the others in the hotel, one drunk girl yelled " but it's a wedding!". Well, i I didn't get my invition so I wanted some sleep!
The people running the front desk were young women and afraid to speak up for rest of the guest. I would have stopped that party at the door and asked them to come in quietly, that's all.
Oh, and don't buy any snacks from the freezer. Every ice cream bar was melted and refrozen. Gross! I actually can't believe I had to write something so bad about a hotel. The breakfast was mediocre. Sausages give you heartburn, scrambled eggs were little disks. I am pretty easy to please. I just want common curtesy and quiet after midnight.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators!!!!! Try the back away from parking lot, too. Better yet, choose a dif...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dianecev
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Dear Dianecev,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. I am glad you find our hotel clean. I am deeply sorry for the noise from the other guests and for the inconvenience it might have caused you. We take our guest comments very seriously and we always strive to improve on guest satisfaction.

Irish V.
IHGCare
Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The suites were very clean, comfortable, and the property seems new! The employees seemed pleasant and breakfast was pretty good! Nothing bad to comment on it was an overall great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Surrey. England
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Wonderful hotel, everything about this hotel is great. We had a suite with a full equipped kitchen. There was a choice of different pillows, which was great because I’m really fussy on pillows, and they were so comfortable. There’s a small swimming pool and pool towels. Washing machines and tumble driers are free no charge at all you just need soap powder which you can buy at their pantry. Breakfast is included and is very good. Also on Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s and Thursday’s there is a free dinner served between 5 & 7pm with wine or beer. Absolutely brilliant value for money staying at this hotel. It was very clean, staff very helpful couldn’t give it enough praise

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!