“Nice home away from home”

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
New York City, New York
“Nice home away from home”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Despite soiled sheets the room was great will stay again. I was nervous about the hotel but it turned out great. We cooked a romantic dinner on Saturday night in the suite. The breakfast was great as well. The cleaning people might want to recheck all the bedding again the bed mattress pad was soiled. We had to get new bedding.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My stay was one of a kind. When I checked in front desk was very friendly. The young girl Victoria had me so excited about my stay and staying here. Until.......I got into my room and saw my busted bathroom sink. It looked like someone got so mad and got into a fight and put it to shreds. It wasn't cleaned or even fixed as if no one saw it. My sheets were dirty. I went to take a dip in the pool and the water was so cold I had to get out right away. Then later that night as I am trying to relax. About 3am I herd loud clanking outside my bedroom. I went out and saw a girl and a guy stumbling trying to get into the hotel room. They couldn't find there key. As I was watching I realized it was the girl from the front desk. She was off the clock I'm hoping! She was dressed very revealing and I just thought to myself why is the woman who works here drunk staying with hotel guests? What kind of place is this? I finally went back into my room i was so disgusted with what I saw. I then woke up to thinking I would get a great breakfast... TOTALLY WRONG! The food was all rubber and microwaved. But the coffee was amazing along with the woman who served and talked to me and made my day more delightful among all the negative aspects I felt. Overall spite the busted bathroom drawer, the pool, and seeing the front desk employee out of character, my stay was okay thanks to the free wifi!

Room Tip: Do not let the front desk employee with her butt hanging out of her pants fool you! Talk to the mana...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

NJ
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews. The hotel is beautiful, it seems that it has been upgraded or built not too long ago. They do a great job with the upkeep! The rooms are spacious & provide you all the ammenities to "live here"

The fridge has an ice maker inside. The rooms are clean, the bed & pillows are comfy. I have to admit, after reading the reviews, I was leary about staying here. I was nervous about breakfast as people whined about it, I actually picked 2 potential other chices near the hotel before I left home to go to if it was as terrible as people whined about. I thought that the breakfast was delicious & had many choices! The seating area is spacious & has several tvs to watch. Yes, the breakfast is slow at replacing food/plates, but there was only 1 girl doing it all, plus this is PA, where people are more laid back. I don't think they were purposly being slow, they just live at a slower pace...which isn't a bad thing. If you're worried they won't have your yogurt or whatever, make sure you get there earlier & don't wait till the last minute when you have to rush out - common sense.

This hotel certainly exceeded my expectations! I would definitly stay here again & I would recommend staying here.

Just because they might not have available the food item you want, I don't think it's fair to taint others idea about the hotel by rating it a 1. You can't please everyone, but don't be ignorant and rate it 1 if you don't like a pillow or they didn't have your yougurt available or you only have 2 rather than 3 glasses in your room. Truly rate it on the cleanliness, safety, comfort, decore, etc - the things that people actually look up reviews for.

The inside & outside of the hotel are clean, the carpets are clean. The stairways are all carpeted & nice to walk up & down. There is only 1 elevator so sometimes if it's busy, you can wait for a little, or walk the stairs.

The indoor pool is nice & clean. There is even a handicapped accessable chair there to help lower someone needing it into the water - nice touch!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JR05611
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My stay was ok apart from seeing the black lady's butt at the front desk which the 3 days I stayed I had to see it whenever she was at the counter and also deal with her being rude and trying to overcharge me $30 more for the room, online was $129 and she tried to charge me $159, while talking to her a white young man came and sat down to talk to her about going out drinking again while taking care of me!!!!!! that was rude!!!!!!! the other staff members Blanca and Seneca were perfect customer service, polite and educated when treating customers. The rooms need more housekeeping service and to take out the garbage from the room when is ready to be given to new guests and breakfast didn't have any yogurt, white bread, regular cream for my coffee, etc, etc, etc, I had to go to dunkin donuts to get a decent breakfast. when I tried to talk to Wendy she was also very rude while I was talking she kept saying "don't raise your voice", as a customer I think I'm entitle to raise my voice when Wendy didn't let me talk and also if I'm paying for the service, when I asked to speak to someone else she said I had to talk to her, I can't believe they have someone like that as a manager, the only person I was able to ask questions and get some kind of answer was Blanca she was at all the time very nice and excellent customer service skills, she did apologize profusely when I asked about breakfast missing so many items. Other then that i had a perfect estay close to everything i wanted to visit

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephanie P
Cortland, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The customer service is beyond awful. The pool is filthy and the manager is unaccountable. I posted about the details of what happened on our stay before but it is not here. Suffice it to say, it was unbelievable. I don't want to waste anymore energy or money on this horrible situation and advise no one else does either. Stay elsewhere and save yourself a lot of grief.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank learningleader
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear learningleader,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to follow up with you regarding your recent stay. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Connie D
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2012

After getting home I had no choice but to sit down and write about this hotel. I promise you that in about a year this hotel will not be worth a penny. First the front desk staff its rude Ms. Blanca and Kelly you know who you are. Second they need housekeeping to keep up like clean the BBQ Grills and have clean sheets in the beds. But the bottom worse is supposely the full breakfast no cream cheese for the one kind of bagel they offered no butter for toast, the eggs you can make tires from thats how rubbery they are, no juice machine broken no soda cause its hot no milk for cereal I mean the excuses went on and on and on. Please dont advertise what you cant deliver. And trust me they are aware since when I complain they said we know your not the only one that really sucks. The ice cream that we bought on the store had to be returned $2.00 a cone since it was melted and refrozen how gross. Now the only one that I can say went out of her way to help us was a girl nemed Toni Go Toni I would hire her in a heartbeat to work for me. This place was just ok I wouldnt go back. Oh and please have your staff clean the outside lamp it only takes a few minutes to empty out the thousand of dead bugs in it and wipe it and place it back. Its the first thing you see when you walk in please take pride in your establishment. Oh and now I know why there are no pictures of the pool, its a kiddie pool and no hot tub only 5 chairs you can imagine how small it is.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheTruth514
IHGCare, IHGCare at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear TheTruth514,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations, especially with the breakfast and staff service.

Thank you for bringing these issues into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Pam G.
Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here for a wedding at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn and even though the property is nice and the rooms are relatively nice, this was a rather terrible stay.

Pros:
1. The rooms were nice and the bed was comfortable.
2. It is a great location if you are going to the Stroudsmoor Country Inn.

Cons:
1. When we entered our room we found a large container of old food in the refrigerator. I brought it down to the front desk to show them and they took it without seeming to care that their housekeeping missed such an obviously large item.
2. NO SOAP and they wanted me to PAY FOR SOAP! Seriously, there was no soap. My parent’s room did not have soap either, and when my Dad went down they gave him some Dove soap from the little pantry shop. When I went down to get soap for my room they told me it was $3. I laughed out loud and asked if they were joking. They were not joking. I told them that there is no soap in the room and once again they said $3. How can a hotel not have soap? Go to the nearest store, buy 50 bars of soap, and stock the rooms like you should. We are paying over $100 a night for a hotel so there better be soap in the room. This is an example of terrible customer service. When I asked why not, the response was “management decision”.
3. I've stayed in Staybridge Suites before and have thought their breakfast was top notch. Apparently this one does not subscribe to the same standards as the other ones I've stayed in.

Overall, staying at this hotel was not a good experience. I am giving two stars instead of one star because the hotel itself is nice and the grounds looked great. However, unless there is a specific room block for a wedding and the rooms here are cheaper than anywhere else, I would recommend finding someplace that has a management and customer service team that actually cares about their guests.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank psudino
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear psudino,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased you found our room accommodations and location commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology if the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations and also for any inconvenience the staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Staybridge Suites hotels are geared towards extended stays for both business and leisure guests. Personal care items are not included for free with the room reservation but all Staybridge Suites have a 24 HOUR onsite convenience store for meals, snacks and personal care items.

Pam G.
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!